Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

T27 TPMS

1ofthejuicys

I have had a TPMS light on my dash of 2014 T27 D4D for few months I tried to reset it but it came back on after 10km or so. It happened when I got new tyres a few months ago. All the tyre pressures are fine...I took it to a tyre garage and the computer says two are not working.... My questions is do I need to bring it to Toyota for genuine parts or can I get it done properly in a tyre garage? Also should I get all four done now as car  is 10year old now.

• Like 1

Hi Martin,

IMO I would phone a few local tyre shops and ask them if they have the software to reprogram the new sensors for your particular model. I would also change all four sensors as the other two are likely to go soon as well also ask them if they use genuine Toyota TPMS 😄

Just to finish this topic, I put my car through the NCT and it passed ok, there was an " advisory fail" for the TPMS but it does not fail the test. So I am glad I didn't spend €500 on new sensors. 

On 3/10/2024 at 1:40 PM, 2009joe said:

I seen a guy on YouTube taking them out wiring them up to a battery then putting them into plastic pvc pipe closed with a tyre valve on it so puts pressure in it and then puts them into boot will this work 

It will work if you want to monitor sudden pressure drop of plastic PVC pipe 🙂

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Maaks said:

It will work if you want to monitor sudden pressure drop of plastic PVC pipe 🙂

well sure then pay a fortune then for the toyota garage to fix them then mr know it all .tbh if those things start to give me bother il be doing the pvc pipe magic trick no big odds what you think 

If you can't afford spending ~30€ for new sensor (or set of 4 from China ~40€) and don't afraid hard work you can replace Battery with ~3€.

u do what you want as i said i dont care what you do its no odds to me .i was just giving 1ofthe juicys a bit of info on as these are expensive and there are other options plus you are on about what i was talking about anyways of connecting them all together with a Battery and putting them into a pvc pipe .either way i was not telling you its none of your business anyways if you dont want to do it my way and as i said before i will be doing the pvc pipe method as i know for sur the post you put up is a temp fix and end of the day who could be bothered to take out the Battery and put in a new one .how long will that last at least the pvc pipe option is a fix for the life of the car .

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links