Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Toyota Yaris - trunk

Roscha

Please help.

I decided to buy a Yaris 2023. However, I'm a little confused about the trunk. Do you think it is enough for two adults and a small child in case of travel, five or six times a year? Or going to the sea? I know the Yaris Cross would be a safer option given the larger trunk. But, due to finances, that is not an option.

Thank you

1 hour ago, Roscha said:

I decided to buy a Yaris 2023. However, I'm a little confused about the trunk.

The Yaris is surprisingly spacious for a small car, but for two adults and a child you'll most likely have to store some of the luggage behind one of the front seats, or if you prefer with a part of the folding backrest down.

You can get 4 adults with no luggage in a Yaris, or three with some luggage. OTOH, we are trained light travellers, we only use carry on size suitcase when we travel as a couple. If you are well organised, and your child is not a baby, I think you'll be OK.

We get two carry on (spinners, i.e with 4 wheels) in the boot, with some soft luggage as well, like a large supermarket shopping bag. We have the boot divider, which covers the spare wheel storage. If you don't have the spare wheel, you'll be able to store something underneath the divider.

• Like 3

Soft roll bags or airline carry-on soft / squishable are best if UK-ing holidays as they mold to the available space.

We've got some of these and they hold quite a lot, especially if you roll t-shirt etc instead of folding.

For those in the know, try the jack Reacher method of travelling light 🤣😂. Having 2 MX5's, you learn to pack well

IMG_1827.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

How old is the child?

From my experience a modern child would need the entire trunk space of any car.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

When I first switched to a small car I took it home on the test drive and tried a couple of suitcases in the back to see if the size was acceptable.  For my second small car I took the cases to the dealership to try them.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Almost every year we go to the Farnborough air show and/or RIAT, and that's usually 4 up with 4 collapsible chairs, 4 rucksacks, a ground rug, a collapsible trolley and a few 5L water bottles; This all fits fairly easily in the Mk4's boot; The Mk2 did a bit better as we could sacrifice the rear passenger's legs to accommodate more junk, but the rear seats in the Mk4 are fixed with a bias towards boot space.

The car also has isofix, like pretty much all cars these days, so snapping in a fancy isofix child seat is relatively quick and easy instead of faffing with wrapping a seat belt securely round a normal child seat. Just make sure you put the latch covers in the glovebox or something as they come off completely and aren't tethered - Very easy to lose!!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Roscha said:

Please help.

I decided to buy a Yaris 2023. However, I'm a little confused about the trunk. Do you think it is enough for two adults and a small child in case of travel, five or six times a year?

I think it would be a bit cramped fitting two adults and a small child into the trunk ................. sorry, I couldn't resist. 😁

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

You can get two full size cases (not those jumbo ones) in the boot no problem.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, anchorman said:

You can get two full size cases (not those jumbo ones) in the boot no problem.  

What about the child then?

• Haha 3

The child goes in the other boot, along with the socks

• Haha 2

Cue packing a SAAB 99 for holiday.

Hibachi BBQ  and charcoal in left wing.  Towels in right wing.  Shoes under front seats. Rear footwells packed and leveled.   Children's underwear etc packed into child seat bases.

Boot under floor packed.   Bedding and pillows in boor.

THEN

Disembarked at ferry, rear seats folded, bed for one adult and child made up.  Co driver and one child to bed, driver and one child in front.

Swap over half way and arrive in South of France.  

It was a long way from Inverness 

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links