Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Vitamin Choice

Bper

Just wondered what vitamins other members use on a daily basis if any as I take D3, Zinc,vitamin C,and B12. The promotion of vitamin supplements is often recommended for us but never really highly promoted by the MSM but is essential if you are not getting them from your food choices. This is certainly more important for us of a senior age.

I don't fortunately have any vitamin deficiencies myself and this was confirmed by a blood test a short whlie ago.However as i have been taking these for a few years this may well be due to the fact that i do take them every day.

• Like 2

I eat excessive amounts of fortified cereals for breakfast! :biggrin: 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Cyker said:

I eat excessive amounts of fortified cereals for breakfast! :biggrin: 

Fortified cereals can be a good source of vitamins and minerals, but they shouldn't be relied on solely to meet all your daily needs.

Fortification adds essential nutrients like iron, B vitamins, and vitamin D to cereals that might otherwise be lacking in them. This can be helpful to prevent deficiencies, especially for growing children or people with dietary restrictions. Are you a growing child :biggrin:

Many fortified cereals are high in sugar and refined carbohydrates, which can negate the benefits of added nutrients. They also typically don't provide much protein or healthy fats, which are important for a balanced breakfast. :smile:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Think he goes to McD for breakfast and supper meets with your lot bper, burger and bacon fat not healthy enough? 😀 I'm not senior for a long while, don't take any medication.  Take those multi vitamins sometimes during the winter months due to a lack of sun or when feeling a little fatigued. 

• Haha 3

Are Coco pops nutritious?

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

Think he goes to McD for breakfast and supper meets with your lot bper, burger and bacon fat not healthy enough? 😀 I'm not senior for a long while, don't take any medication.  Take those multi vitamins sometimes during the winter months due to a lack of sun or when feeling a little fatigued. 

Mojo WTF is your lot:chair:, I'm not veggie and love a bit of bacon, chocolate,etc. Its not medication its vitamin supplements. Unfortunately many senior peoples eating habits change as they get older and they don't always get vitamins from the food they eat.Vitamin C deficiency Is one of the important ones that many people including the younger generation do not get enough of.🌞👍

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rhymes with Paris said:

Are Coco pops nutritious?

Coco Pops are a sugary cereal, so they wouldn't be considered a highly nutritious breakfast.

High in Sugar a 30g serving contains over 5 grams of sugar, which is a significant amount for a breakfast cereal.

Overall, Coco Pops can be enjoyed as part of a balanced diet, but they shouldn't be your everyday breakfast choice. If you're looking for a more nutritious option, there are cereals higher in fiber and whole grains.😂

Mind you I used to eat them but tooth issues stopped that😂

• Haha 3

I take a multi vitamin with iron, vitamin D, and vitamin B12. Also take vegan glucosamine (vegan only because I don't take to standard glucosamine which is made using crustacean shells).

Don't have vitamin deficiencies, but did occasionally have low iron levels - two or three times due to blood doning, and once after an operation where I lost a lot of blood (having sepsis afterwards didn't help either).

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

29 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

I take a multi vitamin with iron, vitamin D, and vitamin B12. Also take vegan glucosamine (vegan only because I don't take to standard glucosamine which is made using crustacean shells).

Don't have vitamin deficiencies, but did occasionally have low iron levels - two or three times due to blood doning, and once after an operation where I lost a lot of blood (having sepsis afterwards didn't help either).

Do you take glucosamine for cartilage or arthritis. 

4 minutes ago, Bper said:

Do you take glucosamine for cartilage or arthritis. 

Osteoarthritis in hands. The middle joint of my right ring finger is u/s, have advanced osteoarthritis in right base of thumb, some arthritis in left base of thumb and top joints of fore and middle fingers.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Osteoarthritis in hands. The middle joint of my right ring finger is u/s, have advanced osteoarthritis in right base of thumb, some arthritis in left base of thumb and top joints of fore and middle fingers.

Hi Frosty, I've just turned 70, god I hate saying that! I always imagined you being a young feller Frosty.

Oh well, sounds like I'm in a similar boat to you. I take a Vitamin B complex, have done since 12 months ago when I was told my B12 levels where low, problems with dizzy spells and such which are much improved. I also have problems with my hands being arthritic, had the first joint on my left forefinger fused about five years ago as it was very painful especially trying to hold onto bits and work on them. Was told by the surgeon all my joints were in a mess with bone spurs and such. Had a mucoid cyst removed from the 1st joint on second finger of my left hand, which suddenly appeared last year but recovery was quicker from that. Think I'm relatively lucky as I can still do most things I've always done despite having nobbley wobbley finger joints.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

A couple of new technologies that are being developed for possible pain treatment osteoarthritis.

Neuromodulation spinal cord stimulation is currently approved for chronic pain conditions but not specifically for osteoarthritis. While some studies show promise in managing osteoarthritis pain, it's not a mainstream treatment yet.

Nanotechnology similar to SCS, nanomedicine for osteoarthritis pain relief is a developing field. Researchers are exploring nanoparticles to deliver drugs directly to the affected joint, but these are not yet available for clinical use .

While not directly used yet, these technologies hold promise for the future of pain relief from osteoarthritis.I Have known a few people who say the pain can be really bad .:smile: 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DerekHa said:

Hi Frosty, I've just turned 70, god I hate saying that! I always imagined you being a young feller Frosty.

Hi Derek - 67 last December ....

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Hi Derek - 67 last December ....

See Frosty I was right you're a youngster then. 🙂 Sure I won't be oldest here though.

Like I said despite my artritis I still manage most things especially after having that joint fused. Hypertension is more of a problem for me but medication keeps that just about controlled, well the last few months it's been haywire but I think I might have got on top of it for the time being, fingers crossed!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DerekHa said:

Hypertension is more of a problem for me but medication keeps that just about controlled, well the last few months it's been haywire

My wife's hypertension has also been erratic since before Christmas. She was put back on medication, after a number of years without, and it was still all over the place. However last month, the one GP also prescribed a mild diuretic, and it has now come right down and is stable. Quite a remarkable change.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

My wife's hypertension has also been erratic since before Christmas. She was put back on medication, after a number of years without, and it was still all over the place. However last month, the one GP also prescribed a mild diuretic, and it has now come right down and is stable. Quite a remarkable change.

I've been on Indapamide for some years but it been all over the place over the last 6 months or so. My heartrate dropped to low 50's and having chest discomfort and short of breath. Had a funny turn in the middle of the night a few months ago my heart monitor showed up a heart arythmia too. Doctor isn't great but eventually has referred to me see Cardiology.

SInce then I read that both paracetamol and ibuprofen can both have bad effects on the heart if take long term, I was taking one of each morning and night to help with my enlarged prostate and the urgency it causes. They did help but I stopped them last Friday and soon after fingers crossed) I've been feeling a lot better over the last week. BP has come down, heart rate up closer to 60 and have even been able to ride my bike, a first in at least 6 months.

Hope your wife continues to have a nice steady BP now Flash.

• Like 2

Zinc, D, C ... cranberry, walnuts, blueberries, ginger, soursop...

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Bper said:

Mojo WTF is your lot:chair:, I'm not veggie and love a bit of bacon, chocolate,etc. Its not medication its vitamin supplements. Unfortunately many senior peoples eating habits change as they get older and they don't always get vitamins from the food they eat.Vitamin C deficiency Is one of the important ones that many people including the younger generation do not get enough of.🌞👍

My lot got ousted by yours and cyker's gangs teaming up on me quite a few years ago. So I had to go and get a proper job instead of hanging out for meets at local McDs. Not a bad thing since I have swapped the 3 stripes attires for pin stripes suits. Upgraded the saxo to the Yaris gen4 hybrid. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Mojo1010 said:

My lot got ousted by yours and cyker's gangs teaming up on me a quite a few years ago. So I had to go and get a proper job instead of hanging out for meets at local McDs. Not a bad thing since I have swapped the 3 stripes attires for pin stripes suits. Upgraded the saxo to the Yaris gen4 hybrid. 

Ah so you are now gentrified, avocado on toast for breakfast is it sir😂

• Haha 2

And the prawn sandwich, they are good source of vitamins. 

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links