Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Buying aygo

More confused

I am about to purchase 21 reg aygo trend with 4579 miles on clock for £11500 does that sound a good buy .It is from Toyota dealer. 

Any views would be helpful thanks

That seems to be in line with current prices. Make sure it has been serviced - despite the low mileage. 

• Like 2

Hi Jen

Welcome to TOC

Do the normal check before buying any car :

Test drive the car

Service history check

2 keys 

Look for any obvious re-paint done on the car  

• Like 2

Just 12 months ago i helped a friend buy a 71 plate Aygo x trend so hope this helps.

She wanted the grey colour but there were not as many around...however she wouldn't compromise on colour so we had to travel a few miles to find the right one.

Even though most had low miles(less than 5000) the condition on some were awful for retail cars.

In the end we found a one owner low mileage mint car for £10999 with a free service mot and delivery.

So to sum up

Is it the colour you want,have you looked at a few or just fallen for the first,is the condition good,service history it should have had 2 or maybe 3 services despite low mileage.

The price is a little high but that's the car market BUT if it's a mint car in the colour you want with the correct service history then it's for you and also peace of mind you have a 12 month warranty which can be extended if serviced at Toyoyota every year.

If not keep looking.

Mark

• Like 3

7 hours ago, More confused said:

I am about to purchase 21 reg aygo trend with 4579 miles on clock for £11500 does that sound a good buy .It is from Toyota dealer. 

Any views would be helpful thanks

Hi Jen,

I believe this will come with warranty?

Length of what will it cover I.e. labour and parts ?

Does it cover the engine and gearbox only or anything else like electrics ?

Good luck, my previous colleague bought one almost new few years ago, very good city runner...

• Like 1

Hi Jen, Welcome lots of good advice when you need it and always welcome when you give it.:smile:

I agree with the other comments above but Its always worth checking to see what other Aygos with similar milage and year etc are selling for to compare prices. Obviously the Toyota dealer is going to have a mark up on price but it will still give you a good idea.Have a look at sites like this below as an example. Good luck with your purchase.:biggrin:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/

https://www.parkers.co.uk/

Depending when in 2021 the car was first registered, it may still have some of the new car warranty left. 

If the car was first registered before 1st June 2021, it will still have some of the previous 5 year/100,000 mile warranty remaining.

If the car was first registered from 1st June 2021, the new car warranty would have been 3 years/60,000 miles.

Thanks for all the helpful advice. The dealer states it has a 3 year warranty which is coming to an end, the car was registered in March 21 therefore am I correct in stating that it should be 5 years and the additional 12 months cover for used cars will be tagged on after 2 years providing I have it serviced at Toyota. Appreciate any thoughts on this  thanks

• Like 1

9 hours ago, More confused said:

Thanks for all the helpful advice. The dealer states it has a 3 year warranty which is coming to an end, the car was registered in March 21 therefore am I correct in stating that it should be 5 years and the additional 12 months cover for used cars will be tagged on after 2 years providing I have it serviced at Toyota. Appreciate any thoughts on this  thanks

If this is the salesperson telling you about the warranty, salespeople, and this applies whatever the marque, aren't always au fait with warranties, etc (although they should be).

The Toyota Relax service generated warranty came into effect from 1st June 2021.

New Toyotas ordered from this date came with the 3 year/60,000 miles new car warranty.

New Toyotas that were first registered before 1st June 2021, came with the 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty.

So for a car first registered in March 2021, there will still be approx 2 years of the 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty remaining. 

The Relax service generated extended warranty won't come into effect until the car is serviced near to or on expiry of the 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty.

Topic moved to the Aygo forum.

Check if the previous owner is using Toyota 0W-20 engine oil.

13 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

If this is the salesperson telling you about the warranty, salespeople, and this applies whatever the marque, aren't always au fait with warranties, etc (although they should be).

The Toyota Relax service generated warranty came into effect from 1st June 2021.

New Toyotas ordered from this date came with the 3 year/60,000 miles new car warranty.

New Toyotas that were first registered before 1st June 2021, came with the 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty.

So for a car first registered in March 2021, there will still be approx 2 years of the 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty remaining. 

The Relax service generated extended warranty won't come into effect until the car is serviced near to or on expiry of the 5 year/100,000 mile new car warranty.

Topic moved to the Aygo forum.

Frostyballs looking on toyota website it states used vehicles over 3 or 5 years old manufacturer warranty no longer applies . Do you know if the age of vehicle is dependant on when it was first registered or is it the month just wondered if you knew thanks

The age goes from the date of first registration. So if a car with the 5 year new car warranty was first registered on 1st March 2021, the 5 year new car warranty will expire on 28th February 2026.

• 2 weeks later...

Further to my last message I have now purchased said car, haven’t been out in it yet but have now found a small bulge in front tyre,taken it to local garage who inform me the tyre is not safe to drive on and it shouldn’t have passed its Mot.As I have had car less than 30 days I feel inclined to reject it and get my money back as I’m concerned there could be further problems that I’m not aware of. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

reject a car over a tyre 😑 it's called car ownership put a new one on, job done - an MOT is just a snapshot in time of the roadworthiness of the car, you can drive it around the corner and pick up a nail or blow a bulb making the car unroadworthy - tyres are classed as a wear and tear item

it could have happened at any time for any number of reasons, hitting a pothole or tapping a curb is enough to do it

• Like 1

Approach the dealer first to see whether they will replace the tyre.

• Like 2

If you've literally just bought it, and it came like that, take it back to them - They should change it FoC as they have to sell the car in a fit-for-purpose state, and having a problem like a bulge that would make it fail an MOT at time of sale would mean it isn't.

It does annoy me things like this seem to keep slipping through with main dealers, as they're supposed to check the car for roadworthiness and rectify any issues before putting it up for sale.

This is assuming the bulge didn't happen *after* you bought it due to clipping a kerb or something however!

• Like 2

When I bought my old pug grandad wagon a few years ago, I noticed that the two rear tyres were ages cracked on the sidewalls.

Had to go back anyway for the rear wiper motor to be replaced, and mentioned it to the dealer (independent and the last honest one round here before he retired).

No quibble, immediately replaced both.

• Like 2

Take it back and ask for a new tyre

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

If you've literally just bought it, and it came like that, take it back to them - They should change it FoC as they have to sell the car in a fit-for-purpose state, and having a problem like a bulge that would make it fail an MOT at time of sale would mean it isn't.

It does annoy me things like this seem to keep slipping through with main dealers, as they're supposed to check the car for roadworthiness and rectify any issues before putting it up for sale.

This is assuming the bulge didn't happen *after* you bought it due to clipping a kerb or something however!

Know what you mean I have stopped the dealership washing my cars and get funny looks off them

When I say it but when you wash a car you're supposed to get the dirt of it 

• Haha 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links