Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lost keys

KABE

I lost my keys. I left them on the roof of the car and they fell off somewhere along the 9 mile journey to work (I don't remember seeing a warning, but I may have gotten one). Is there a way to use the Toyota geolocation to determine where they fell off? Thanks!

Hi Keith, Unfortunately, Toyota key fobs currently don't have built-in geolocation to track their location if they fall off. There isn't a way to use Toyota's system to locate your keys. You might be lucky that someone hands them in to a Toyota dealer or Police station, Its a long shot but worth a call around the area.:smile:

I would advise to check inside the car, under the seat, etc...

If a key isn't present insde while the car is running wouldn't it stop?

Never done it, not sure, but every time I get out of the car with the key in my pocket the car would start beeping and a message on the dash comes up - key not recognised or something similar 

I don't think the engine stops but it should have beeped incessantly. It's hard to imagine anyone driving very far having left their keys behind.

Topic moved to the Highlander forum.

I agree...I was stunned when I went out to the car to drive to lunch and got the "Keys Not Detected" message (I have private parking in the garage at my office. because I own the building, so I ofen leave the key in the vehicle). I too thought that I would have received incessant messages or notifications that the keys were not present as I was driving, and if it did occur, I didn't notice. I have checked with the local police and community bulletin boards to no avail. Thanks nuch for the responses, it's good to know that there are still kind hearted people out there, willing to offer sound advice!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links