Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Service by non Toyota. Warranty still good?

mikmikmikmik

The Corolla I bought hasn't had Battery check or service from Toyota since May2023. I just bought it today from non Toyota dealer and they stamped book as serviced.

Corolla is 3.5 years old with 1.5 year of normal manufacturer warranty remaining, before The car gets onto the yearly warranty cycle if serviced by Toyota.

Do I still need to take it to Toyota to get Battery health check/battery filter cleaned, and for Toyota to do the service to keep it in its current warranty?

Thank you.

36 minutes ago, mikmikmikmik said:

I just bought it today from non Toyota dealer and they stamped book as serviced.

So was the car actually serviced by them, or just the book stamped?

Under Block Exemption, any VAT registered garage can service the car during the new car warranty, and maintain the new car warranty. Having said that, the owner needs to keep proof that it has been serviced according to schedule - 12 months or 10,000 miles, whichever occurs first.

To keep the original warranty any non Toyota garage has to follow the Toyota service schedule and use Toyota parts. 

the new car warranty on my 23 car is only  3 years now I believe, after that you get the up to 10 year/100k warranty only if it’s been serviced every year by a Toyota main dealer. Every service gets you a one year extension. 

As long as it's done less that 10k miles since May 2023 service, the warranty is fine.

However as sportse says, if the seller serviced it badly anything they broke won't be covered by Toyota!

Looks like I am going to need a Toyota service before the year is up from its last one in May 2023. Thank goodness I can get a refund from the emac service schedule from the last service I paid for in a plan for the Auris. I'll use that refund to pay for this service on the Corolla.

Thank you very much, yet again.

It seems too many things with this purchase, if me I will just seat, think and make my mind about should I keep the car with the accident discovered, the extras that missing, the service complicated, or just return it for refund within the 30 day window, take my money back and look for something else that is higher spec and more genuine example. I personally will prefer on a recent car no one else except Toyota been working on for the warranty purposes and when warranties is out I will take of from there on. Just think of your options when still have time. Accident repaired cars even those non recorded with minor only repair hide potential risk of body and panel corrosion prematurely.  

As above and i would return it and find another...it's not like it's difficult to find a corolla.

I phoned around a few dealers for the 60K mile service. The local dealer to me does not seem to know much about anything. They said the service is £370 + £160 for the spark plugs. Three other dealers say the service including the spark plugs is £370.  I am staying away from the local dealer for sure.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links