Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

This is unreal. Windscreen replaced. Calib off?

mikmikmikmik

Can the calibration be off after getting a windscren replaced and now the car REVERSES too close to the kerb so that when it is backing up, the back wheel hits the kerb before it is parallel. Done it twice now, when before it backed into the spot outside my house just fine.

Whoever replaced the windscreen should have recalibrated the system, although unsure whether reversing would be affected. You mentioned previously the car had been involved in a rear shunt?

5 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Whoever replaced the windscreen should have recalibrated the system, although unsure whether reversing would be affected. You mentioned previously the car had been involved in a rear shunt?

It was working perfectly until the bodyshop opened the bonbet on Thurs evening and the radar wouldnt work after that until Toyota calbrated it yesterday and thec radar fault went away, it had the kerbing issue last night. The windscreen was replace today and supposedly calibrated.

Now Toyota will wash their hands of it and blame the windscreen repair people.

Here's pictures of it doing the auto parking, twice into the right, and once into the left. Left is not as bad but does hit the kerb just as it straightens up. Reversing into the right is a disaster.

IMG_20240406_183441.jpg

IMG_20240406_183337.jpg

IMG_20240406_183239.jpg

Auto parking doesn't "sense" where the curb is, just where taller objects are. How close to the curb the car ends at is dependent on the starting position, its not a smart system and probably why most people don't use it.

It also doesn't rely on the windscreen cameras, only parking sensors. The camera are only used for the lane assist and sign recognition I believe. 

32 minutes ago, DavidTC said:

Auto parking doesn't "sense" where the curb is, just where taller objects are. How close to the curb the car ends at is dependent on the starting position, its not a smart system and probably why most people don't use it.

It also doesn't rely on the windscreen cameras, only parking sensors. The camera are only used for the lane assist and sign recognition I believe. 

Toyota calibrated sensors and radar and camera yesterday apparently.

I started parallel to the car besude mebon a straight road, you can see on thr righthand parking pics that one is better than the other, but this is because i was on the othe side of the road before I initiated the parking and so it didnt go as close to the kerb until a few inches more.

It was working for the past week, and it is not workng now. Something has changed.

I'm just about ****** off with this car. I might just ask for my old Auris back again.

Went out this evening and it parked better. Maybe it just needed a bit of love.

• Haha 1

I tried to whatever the NON parallel park option is this morning and nearly wiped out the side of one of the cars I was trying to get inbetween. The rear sensor went to constant beep so I stopped and reversed in myself. 

I cannot find where to turn it off/on as said in this article, to see if I can reset it.

https://cartipsdaily.com/toyota-parking-assist-malfunction

I auto reversed into a spot this morning. Not only did it ride up over the kerb while reversing, when the constant rear sensor sound was sounding because I was so close to the car behind, the BRAKE warning came on while I was still slowly auto reversing and it applied the brakes.

Surely the system should have stopped auto reversing as soon as the constant sensor sound started, and told me to put it into drive to adjust gong forward.

Toyota local dealer tells me that rear sensor calibration is different than ADAS calibration of the windscreen. The windscreen people also tell me the same thing. So i'll get the rear calibration done when I get my service done.

had auto parking in four cars and have never tried it once.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links