Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Odd noise

Crickleymal

Hi all. 2008 Estima Aeras 2.4 non hybrid 

I have an odd noise which I only notice when sitting in the car with the engine off. At first I thought it was someone operating a road drill a couple of streets away. It only happens once every 5 or 10 minutes and lasts for no more than a second. It does sound like a very quiet road drill or a burp.

I'm not overly concerned about it. I assume it's probably something to do with air seeping into the fuel tank or something as I hear a hiss when I remove the filler cap at a petrol station.

Fuel tanks often hiss when you relase the cap, nothing unusual there. You say with the engine off but electrics?

Everything off. Electrics as well. It's impossible to record as the time it occurs is random.

There are many electrical components within the vehicle. Some remain active even when the ignition is off. I would suggest it is a solenoid or something similar.

You may, if your radio doesn’t have an unknown code, wish to disconnect the Battery and see if the noise persists.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links