Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2021 C-HR hybrid - 1.8 litre engine - timing belt or chain

Haliotis

Got into a discussion with another C-HR owner, and the subject of timing belts came up.  Neither of us could decide whether our cars had a timing belt or a timing chain.  My car was first registered in June 2021 - his a little later.  Have since tried several sites on my browser, but have found no info.  Would appreciate it if someone could settle my curiosity.

The last Toyota engine I know of that used a timing belt was the 1CD-FTV from around the mid 2000s - Every single one of their engines since then has used a chain!

• Like 3

Hi Albert,both the 2021 and later Toyota C-HR Dynamic use a timing chain, not a timing belt.  This chain is designed to last for the lifespan of the vehicle under normal driving conditions. Check your owner's manual this is the most reliable source of information for your specific vehicle. It should outline the recommended maintenance schedule, including any inspections for the timing chain.Hope this helps.:smile:

• Like 3

For the record, Toyota hybrids don't use any drivebelts at all, anywhere on the car.

• Like 3

Thanks for the replies, folks.  Did try finding it in the handbook but obviously missed it.  

image.thumb.png.6b07664128128c76786fc4eed13a72fd.png

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links