Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Management Light Problem

chalkyuk

I have a 2ltr diesel avensis and the management light keeps coming on every now and then. The problem started just b4 the warranty ran out. When i took it to the dealer they could not find any codes apart from the code for the car being in what they called "safe mode " It goes into safe mode every time the light comes on but the light goes off when I switch the engine off. I even took it to the dealer with the light on, with the same outcome.

They finally said it was one of the pins that connected to the ECU unit and replaced it. 3000 miles l8r the light has started to come back on and now the car is out of warranty. There doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the car and a mechanic has checked everything all to no avail. Has any1 got any suggestions

PLEASE :thumbsup:

If the car was taken under warranty to a maindealer with a fault then it will still be covered until the fault is corrected :thumbsup:

It doesn't seem to work like that for some reason , they say that as soon as the car goes over 60,000 miles they are no longer responsible and this has been confirmed by toyota. Plus they say they did fix the fault and tha this is now a new fault, ( although it is exactly the same problem as b4 ) Stupid I know!

It doesn't seem to work like that for some reason , they say that as soon as the car goes over 60,000 miles they are no longer responsible and this has been confirmed by toyota. Plus they say they did fix the fault and tha this is now a new fault, ( although it is exactly the same problem as b4 ) Stupid I know!

Ahhh, they are saying this is a new fault even though it's the same fault ie light come's on(no need to go into why as the fault obviously hasn't been fixed).

All work carried out under warranty comes with a 12 month guarantee on the said work so it is up to them to correct the fault even though your out of warranty.

No problem Thnx..

Only other thing this problem seems to have everyone baffled as the car has been in the dealers 6 times for the same problem and they still cant find any fault on the ECU unit, even with the light on and as i use the car for work ( taxi ) I cant afford the car to be of the road much longer.

The main problem is the light goes off when the engine is switched off and might not come back on for hundreds of miles. Even when the light is on and the car is put on the machine in the dealers it is still showing no fault. This is becoming very frustrating.

quick question , if the bulb had blown on the dash , would you of known about it being on ( no), would you of stopped driving the car (no),would you of noticed any real difference in the cars driving ,fuel consumption ,handling,(no). thanx :thumbsup:

he means the bulb in the dash for the error codes , if it wasnt working , would you of ever felt a difference with the car.

No, I think he's saying remove the bulb and forget the problem. I personally would not accept that as a cure since there's only two ways the bulb should light in the first place. It's either a problem with the engine-management or a problem in the circuit that triggers the bulb in the first place.

Personally I would stomp down to your Toyota dealer and demand that they ascertain the problem and cure it pronto!

even if i took the bulb out the car would still be in safe mode. and the dealer wont do anything else without payment

:ffs: :ffs:

what i'm saying is , if the prev owner took the bulb out would the car be driving any differently if he hadnt.could you and would you have noticed any difference?????????

the car would still be in safe mode wouldn't it? Is there a way of avoiding the car going into safe mode. ( when it is in safe modr you can still drive but only very slowly.)

:ffs: :thumbsup:

only drives slow in this safe mode , well that just sux , i'd of gone ballistic and went to a solicitor to get some justice.over 60000 is complete <if my vocabulary was any smaller, it would be nearly as small as my genitals> , should not matter a jot what mileage it has , they just palming you off me thinks .sounds like a new ecu is in order.

• 2 weeks later...

They seem to say it is now the throttle cable sensor but cannot guarantee it. still refusing to do the repairs under warranty so we got Toyota themselves involved should know more soon

:ffs: :ffs: :help::help:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links