Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Looking for a yaris clean no hidden bumpz

dads Taxi x3

20 hours ago, wildtapholer said:

Deffo walk away, a garage has to tell you if the car has been CAT damaged, best go elsewhere for a Kebab, far too many get rich quick garages appearing. I always get the address of the garage then Google map it and drop the little man in the road outside the garage and look to see what the buildings are like, it can tell you a lot,  here's an example, here's my wife's car what got written off, it had 11mths MOT when this happened, I think it was 3yrs ago now, we were told not to had over the LOG book (V5) when the car was collected and it was back on the road within 4wks with the remainder of the MOT, if any of the members have this car, it was written off.

20210401_091802.jpg

That's a good point - You need to be careful with the V5C when transferring the car to someone else; When my brothers' old MPV got written off he didn't keep the V5C or take the transfer of ownership bit before the insurance company took it with the rest of the paperwork, and he ended up getting a load of speeding fines! :eek: 

Thankfully he could prove the insurance company had taken the car and that he wasn't anywhere near there the offences occurred, so the police eventually cancelled them, but it was a hassle dealing with it all.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TonyHSD said:

I

1 hour ago, Cyker said:

That's a good point - You need to be careful with the V5C when transferring the car to someone else; When my brothers' old MPV got written off he didn't keep the V5C or take the transfer of ownership bit before the insurance company took it with the rest of the paperwork, and he ended up getting a load of speeding fines! :eek: 

Thankfully he could prove the insurance company had taken the car and that he wasn't anywhere near there the offences occurred, so the police eventually cancelled them, but it was a hassle dealing with it all.

It is indeed a good point, never trust the money grubbing types.

My pal  had months of trouble after part ex ing his car, and not sending off the V5 himself, trusting the dealer to do it.

Speeding tickets galore based on his old motor being in places he had never been.

Of course they always say they will do it to ensure that it is done properly, yeah right.

• Like 2

We bought this place when the previous occupant died. They obviously had a car, because we get numerous letters addressed to the previous occupant from councils, TFL, DART charge, debt collectors and have had bailiffs knocking for the last three years. The old car's taxed insured and MOT'd, but the current owner has obviously cottoned on to the fact that as long as they don't re-register it, they can do what they like.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

It's a pain in the proverbial but if you are sufficiently patient/perseverant/bloody-minded you can get through to the DVLA, and possibly Police, to de-register the car from your property, and they can also tag the car which will flag it up on the Police ANPR for some extra schadenfreude :naughty: 

• Like 3

Hi 1st all a massive THANK YOU for all your replies an info  we'll we walked away . Then I found another one  yes you guys said there was more than one . So found another one in Manchester  yeaa we in cardiff .so it sounded great again but day b4 going to see it he sold it even tho we told him we was buying the car  so then another one arrived on sight   same place  so asked the questions  said we was coming up Saturday    aaaaa the car need to go in to workshop ??? Why someone walked past the car must had keys in pocket we don't know but there is a slight scratch in the paint job we was going to buff it out that fine ..

OK aa how much will you take off the price if you leave it .  

My next door neighbour rallys  cars an does a fantastic spray job . So  ok 

£200 OK we be up Saturday to see the car Manchester yes .. aa no  we top side of bradford ..WTF   OK OK sod it so drives up there   

There the car sees the scratch light scratch ..guy come out  I said so I guess it was an elephant then walked past the car might been its tusks  as that is not a light scratch its a creator  you can see the dent AND THERES another one on the other side this is NOT WHAT  YOU TOLD ME ..

the rest the Car is fantastic  Right he's driven a yearis he know what they are like we want the car I want more money off .

So we bought the car with half tank of gas  and £760 off the price .

So sorted the insurance as we got one policy with them ayago (3 years now ) so instead paying  £1800 for full comp  its combined  with the other policy. £900 .

So hes well happy he drove the car home last night an been out in it today .its got full service history  99000 on clock the check we did for £9.99 come back  clean . It's a 2014 

We left the service book up there on the guys desk we had the text 930am missing somthing we get it in the post. 6 months AA warranty .

So well happy . Thanks everyone 

• Like 5

53 minutes ago, dads Taxi x3 said:

So we bought the car with half tank of gas  and £760 off the price .

54 minutes ago, dads Taxi x3 said:

So hes well happy he drove the car home last night an been out in it today .its got full service history  99000 on clock the check we did for £9.99 come back  clean .

Result 👍

• Thanks 1

Hi all so there sending the service book that they printed line .

So it dont need another service till 10000 or 1 year what ever you comes 1st .

So if contact toyota they should have the service history on it. 

1 hour ago, dads Taxi x3 said:

Hi all so there sending the service book that they printed line .

So it dont need another service till 10000 or 1 year what ever you comes 1st .

So if contact toyota they should have the service history on it. 

Yes., if serviced within the dealers network you can sign up on Toyota website and add the car reg number and vin and then you can check and look at any previous services, any recalls done etc. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, TonyHSD said:

Yes., if serviced within the dealers network you can sign up on Toyota website and add the car reg number and vin and then you can check and look at any previous services, any recalls done etc.

After registering with MyToyota you need to verify ownership with the reference number from the new V5, which you can't do until the new copy arrives in the post. 

But, you can go to / call your local dealer, or any Toyota dealer, and they can retrieve the service info for you. They normally see a bit more than what is visible through MyToyota.

16 hours ago, dads Taxi x3 said:

So hes well happy he drove the car home last night an been out in it today .its got full service history  99000 on clock the check we did for £9.99 come back  clean . It's a 2014 

Congratulations. Glad you found a good car that he's happy with. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yea his face was beaming when he went off to work this morning 

I just got him some bits to make the car a owner car . 

My next door neighbour I spoke to him earlier and he said yea  get the paint code from you dealer when you got the paint ill sort the marks out . I said how much just buy that be it . .sorted . 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, dads Taxi x3 said:

My next door neighbour I spoke to him earlier and he said yea  get the paint code from you dealer when you got the paint ill sort the marks out . I said how much just buy that be it . .sorted .

The paint code is on the VIN plate, found on the door frame and in the engine bay. This video may help.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links