Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2024 Premiere Edition

AndyRC

2 hours ago, AndyRC said:

No , just wash carefully. I always use a wash mitt and two buckets , one soapy one clean water , dry off with microfibre towel. 

Thanks but my question was directed at @Trewithy who says he polishes.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Corolly Poly said:

Thanks but my question was directed at @Trewithy who says he polishes.

No problem. This is the recommended process by Gtechniq 

https://www.gtechniq.co.uk/backend/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/2022-Wash-Guide-compressed.pdf

AFIK the idea with ceramic coatings is you treat them as gently as possible when cleaning so as not to damage or accelerate wear, Gtechnic wash adds a light coating when rinsed off 

• Like 1

I would recommend using 'bilt hamber touch-on' after the wash to refresh water repellent properties.  Easy to apply with the Snow Foam lance, I do my cars every two months.

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Corolly Poly said:

Do you polish with a ceramic polish? I understand ordinary polish being slightly abrasive will eventually remove a ceramic coating.

The last couple of polishes have been with turtle wax.  

ok. I have been advised against ordinary polishes as they will take the ceramic coating off

20 hours ago, Trewithy said:

The last couple of polishes have been with turtle wax.  

With a high-quality ceramic coat, I was told not to polish. So mine do not get any and after 3 years still the same as day one.

Question:

Is the suspension better than on previous version of C-HR.?
After 8.000 km with my car i start to don't like it so much. You feel almost every small thing on the road👎

Thanks for the answer 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Marjan said:

Question:

Is the suspension better than on previous version of C-HR.?
After 8.000 km with my car i start to don't like it so much. You feel almost every small thing on the road👎

Thanks for the answer 

I’d say the PE on 19inch wheels is a better ride than our old 2.0 Excel on 18 inch wheels 

• Like 1

A lot of people and even companies keep using the words "polish" and "wax" interchangeably and it's really confusing!!

I've always avoided using polishes on my cars - Polishes are basically abrasives and serve to make the paintwork very smooth and shiny by essentially sanding down the clear coat - This is why you shouldn't use them with ceramic coatings, as the ceramic coating is only nano-metres thick and will abrade away when polished.

Waxes are much better/safer for use on a ceramic coat as they are just another kind of protective coating over the clear coat - Ceramic coatings serve a similar function and essentially function as very resilient wax (Wax will last maybe a month at best which is why it needs to be reapplied every time you wash the car - A really good thick ceramic coating will last years and are also much more chemical and scratch resistant).

The trick is cleaning the car enough so that the no dirt gets trapped under the wax! (Or the Ceramic coat for that matter!)

• Like 1

On 4/25/2024 at 11:58 AM, MC1216 said:

Lovely car and i hope you got a good discount as you are right there are some cracking deals...Motorfinity which is a broker for ex forces 999 staff etc was offering this exact model/colour a few weeks ago for 7k off list.

The only issue i have is that it is in the expensive car tax bracket £600 plus for 5 years.

I’ve ordered a GR Sport with a couple of options through Motorfinity and the discount is over £9500 which certainly offsets the premium tax from years 2-6 👍

16 hours ago, Cyker said:

A lot of people and even companies keep using the words "polish" and "wax" interchangeably and it's really confusing!!

I've always avoided using polishes on my cars - Polishes are basically abrasives and serve to make the paintwork very smooth and shiny by essentially sanding down the clear coat - This is why you shouldn't use them with ceramic coatings, as the ceramic coating is only nano-metres thick and will abrade away when polished.

Waxes are much better/safer for use on a ceramic coat as they are just another kind of protective coating over the clear coat - Ceramic coatings serve a similar function and essentially function as very resilient wax (Wax will last maybe a month at best which is why it needs to be reapplied every time you wash the car - A really good thick ceramic coating will last years and are also much more chemical and scratch resistant).

The trick is cleaning the car enough so that the no dirt gets trapped under the wax! (Or the Ceramic coat for that matter!)

Gtechniq have a specific wash (G-Wash) and you only need to use Quick Detailer after a wash and dry to preserve and maintain the ceramic coating.

A car which has had a ceramic coating should never be polished after application 👍

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, CassUK said:

I’ve ordered a GR Sport with a couple of options through Motorfinity and the discount is over £9500 which certainly offsets the premium tax from years 2-6 👍

Well done...i am in the same position that i can order from Motorfinity and the deals on most Toyota's as well as other brands goes to show how much profit is in these cars.

I feel the CHR is way overpriced but  with the discount makes it a decent buy as it's no way a 40k car.

A week in and we’re both very happy with the PE. It’s a big step up from the outgoing model in all areas, the new gear selector is a pleasure to use and feels “premium” compared to the old one which always felt like it was about to break off. The 360 degree camera, digital rear view mirror and HUD  are extremely useful. The combimeter is great, BUT, it’s not very intuitive to work out all of the combinations and there are a LOT of options. The Adaptive Cruise Control works a treat and will bring you to a smooth stop in traffic if required. I’ve turned off a lot of the “driver assistance systems” until I can work out what they actually do! 
The bad bit, one of the keys has stopped talking to the car and I’m not messing with it so a trip back to the dealers next week, but I’m just happy to be driving it. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links