Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Blue screen blues

Paul 85

I have now had my Corolla TS for three weeks and, every time I turn on the start button I receive a 'caution' message advising safe driving followed by a blue screen asking me to agree 'Terms and Conditions'. I touch 'I Agree' and, away we go. I can accept the caution as a reminder, if it were needed, to drive safely but to have to agree terms and conditions every time I start the vehicle seems  repetitious, irritating and unnecessary. Is it just me or is there an easy way to cancel this?

I was annoyed by this to start with and realised my phone was not properly set up to be recognised - the car will not ask you again to tick anything if it can tell (from phone, or I think from the key being assigned to a personal profile), that you are the same person who ticked it already. If the phone / key is not properly linked to a driver profile it assumes you are a new / guest driver using the car the first time and wants you to confirm you agreements. 

• Like 1

Thank you for that 'D'. I'll double check that my phone is fully paired though I do get a welcome by name following the blue screen.

This is another example of poor handover when picking up the car from the showroom. 

I'd go back and ask them to walk you through the setup properly this time.

• Like 2

Your salesperson is supposed to go through connected services with you. It can be a little tricky to set up, go back and get them to go through it with you 

• Like 2

Well, being a bit of a smart ***se, I downloaded the app before handover and the salesman who was otherwise excellent in every way, must have assumed that I was able to set it up with the car. I have written to him but have yet to receive a reply other than that he will get back to me. Here's hoping. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links