Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Poor acceleration

Preacher

Notice poor acceleration on Toyota estima 2001 2.4 cc 

poor acceleration , then miss firing 

I’ve replace the spark plugs and 1x pencil coil pack , running smooth , can rev up slowly but try to rev fast just splutters , when to try on a run it’s a auto and slowly getting there to change gear , go to accelerate just no acceleration 

Topic moved to the Estima forum.

Hi, It's likely that a couple of issues may be causing this problem.Faulty coil packs,weak or failing coil packs can't deliver a strong spark consistently, leading to misfires. Misfires result in incomplete combustion in the engine cylinders, causing hesitation and poor acceleration. Since you've already replaced one coil pack and still experience issues, it's likely that another coil pack is causing the problem.I would change the others.

Vacuum Leak, a vacuum leak disrupts the engine's air fuel mixture, leading to lean conditions and misfires. During acceleration, when the engine demands more air and fuel, vacuum leaks can exacerbate hesitation and poor acceleration. Identifying and repairing any vacuum leaks is essential.Hpoe this helps.:smile:

• Like 1

Have you had the codes read?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links