Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

My New Toy😄

152bobby

Just popped up to my Toyota dealer to get my service plan changed over from the Aygo X to my Yaris Cross.  They had a brand new Yaris Cross in the showroom and about the only visual change I saw was the Infotainment screen AND a wireless charging pad (see photos), I wonder if this could fit in earlier Yaris Cross's ?? If you could get your hands on one.

Also noticed that the tyres fitted where Falkens.

PXL_20240515_130430196.jpg

PXL_20240515_130421448.jpg

8 minutes ago, 152bobby said:

Just popped up to my Toyota dealer to get my service plan changed over from the Aygo X to my Yaris Cross.  They had a brand new Yaris Cross in the showroom and about the only visual change I saw was the Infotainment screen AND a wireless charging pad (see photos), I wonder if this could fit in earlier Yaris Cross's ?? If you could get your hands on one.

Also noticed that the tyres fitted where Falkens.

PXL_20240515_130430196.jpg

PXL_20240515_130421448.jpg

Anything like that is always doable for anyone anal enough to want it looking OEM but be warned, it won’t be cheap and there might be other things and wiring loom compatibility issues.  My advise is, plug your phone into the USB port.

On 5/12/2024 at 7:56 PM, anchorman said:

You have to adjust it while she’s talking. 

I had another play with this whilst having the radio on and Google Maps.  I noted that the radio was on 12, so when Google maps spoke with directions, I increased the volume whilst she was still talking.  Both the radio and Google maps volume increase and decrease together no matter how I try it.

Never seen this happen before, maybe it's a Toyota fault ?

Annoying, so I'll live with it for now until someone else figures it out.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, 152bobby said:

I had another play with this whilst having the radio on and Google Maps.  I noted that the radio was on 12, so when Google maps spoke with directions, I increased the volume whilst she was still talking.  Both the radio and Google maps volume increase and decrease together no matter how I try it.

Never seen this happen before, maybe it's a Toyota fault ?

Annoying, so I'll live with it for now until someone else figures it out.

Make sure you do all these adjustments in ready mode or your 12 volt Battery might die.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Chas G said:

Make sure you do all these adjustments in ready mode or your 12 volt battery might die.

I was doing it using the steering wheel controls, I need to be driving to get the Google Maps woman to talk.

• Like 1

Got my Service Plan Quote from dealer today for the Yaris Cross.

£882 for 3 years.  Basically £49.05 per month with 1st payment being £49.07.

Comparing this with my old Aygo X Service plan, that was only £15 per month, ok, this had a £84 Manufacturer Contribution and a £168 Dealer Contribution because it was a new car.

Just a surprise going from £15 per month to £49.05 per month 😭, but I expect that's also using today's pricing against the 2022 pricing for the Aygo X.

36 minutes ago, 152bobby said:

Got my Service Plan Quote from dealer today for the Yaris Cross.

£882 for 3 years.  Basically £49.05 per month with 1st payment being £49.07.

£882/36 = £24.50 you shouldn’t be paying £49!!

I’m paying £28/mo for Yaris Excel 🙁

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, dash said:

£882/36 = £24.50 you shouldn’t be paying £49!!

I should have mentioned, although it's a 3 year plan, the paperwork states 1st payment £49.07 and 17 payments of £49.05 until 1st November 2025.  The Aygo plan was split over 36 months.  Not sure why it's different this time round.  I'm going to ask why.

£30 a month for 36 months for me

£27 a month plus AA cover and MOT 36 months 

• Like 1

Added the below to my YC today, bought direct from Amazon UK.

Works as per expected.  Plug it into the USB port, the head unit comes to life, shows the usual main screen with the built in maps on the car and then changes and connects to Google Maps with the phone still in my pocket.

Just remember that this is for Android Auto only and NOT Apple CarPlay.

https://www.aawireless.io/

Bobby,

Your Service Plan cost seems very wrong & the very latest Dongles from Carlink connect rapidly given I am an Apple Nut.

Tel

isnt 882 over 3 years = 24.50 pm?

i stick mine in my interest account.. your money is better off in your own account, not someone elses.

1 minute ago, Steve said:

isnt 882 over 3 years = 24.50 pm?

i stick mine in my interest account.. your money is better off in your own account, not someone elses.

I've sent a email to my dealer asking why they have not done this over 36 months like all my own previous plans and everyone else it's seems on the Forum and yes I'd also prefer told hold onto my hard earned cash for longer 👍

3 minutes ago, 152bobby said:

I've sent a email to my dealer asking why they have not done this over 36 months like all my own previous plans and everyone else it's seems on the Forum and yes I'd also prefer told hold onto my hard earned cash for longer 👍

how long will you be keeping the car?

21 minutes ago, Steve said:

how long will you be keeping the car?

Well, according to my wife, forever🥺😂.

But it won't be less than 3 years, that's for sure.

• Haha 1

I have had two plans.  The first was a alone mMm with the last at the year 3 point with the PCP ending 6 months later.  The plan was terminated after the 20 000 mile major service with no further payments.  Money in my account would only earn pennies.

The second plan was mM, the cost rolled into the PCP over 42 months and will be terminated this month after 21 months.  At 0% Apr still better than the interest rate paid by the bank. 

For the next car the maths are different.  If rolled into the PCP it will be at 6%, more than twice the interest I can earn.  Obviously a plan will fix the price which may be better than inflation or price increases. 

Paying outside the PCP will avoid the interest charge and I can earn a small amount if I can bank the whole in savings and notionally pay a bit each month.

~~~~~

On a different note, I actively managed our current account last year putting income into savings as it arose and transferring back as needed.  

At the cost of a few minutes per week it earned a significant interest credit.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So, popped into my local Toyota Dealer to ask them to enable the window Open/Close function using the key fob.

Totally did not get on with the first guy that came out, I showed him a printed copy of what I got from the forum, so it was easy to understand what I was asking.  His first reply was "did you buy the car from us"...we'll, that just put me in a shi*** mood.  If I did not know what I know about this from this forum, he would have convinced me that it was not possible.  Once I assured him it was and I was not going to be fobbed off, he then explained that they do not normally do these requests and mess with ECU and it's not as simple as just plugging something into the OBD port.  Once I got rid of him and got another person who was customer focused, I've booked it in for a "while you wait" job. And I'm pretty sure this will not be free.

When I had the first service done on my previous Yaris Cross, I asked if they would enable the windows open/close on the fob. They did it for free, although the man who handed my keys back did say that they did not realise that it could be done!

It’s a 2 minute job using a laptop plugged into the OBD port and Toyota’s Techstream software. No doubt they’ll try to charge an hour’s labour 😡
On mine, changed the indicator flashes from 3 to 5 and disabled the ‘check seats upon exit’ multiple beeps alarm (which can’t be disabled in user settings on 2024 models). 

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links