Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Coolant Splashed under the hood

cwebs85

Hi All, 

Sorry, I am not car-savvy, hopefully someone has more insight...

I had my radiator replaced on my 2003 Camry XLE (SKU: CSF 3143 Radiator). After 40min of driving though my car did not overheat, when I checked under the hood, coolant had exploded/splashed out.  The reservoir tank did not deplete. From what I read, the radiator cap might need replacing, but it feels pretty secure and I felt pressure taking it off....not easy to take off to mention.  Do I need to get a specific model ? Could there be something else?

Secondly... the heat is only working on the driver's side, which I am guessing could be a clogged heater core?

Thanks!

Hi Christina,It sounds like there could be a couple of issues. Regarding the coolant splashing out, it's possible that there's still air trapped in the cooling system, causing pressure build up. Bleeding the air out of the system might help. However, if the radiator cap feels secure and you're still experiencing issues, it might be worth having a mechanic take a look to ensure there are no other underlying issues causing the pressure buildup. As for the heat only working on the driver's side, a clogged heater core is indeed a possibility. It could also be an issue with the blend door or actuator. Again, having a mechanic inspect it would be the best course of action to diagnose and address the problem accurately.Hope this helps.:smile:

Thank you Bper! appreciate your response! 🙂 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links