Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Horn Not Working, Dam It!

msherry21

Hey all, How are ya'?

right, my horn doesn't seem to work? I've checked the fuses? none have blown, If the front bonnet, when I press the horn I can hear clicking from the fuse box, or under it??

Anyone know what the problem is? have not taken the fuse box off...yet?

any suggestions welcome,

cheers in advance.

Sounds like a relay gone haywire. Not sure where it would be on an mr2. Check the handbook. It`ll tell you in there. :D

Stock wheel or aftermarket?

All the fuses will be in the drivers footwell ..

sorry, yeah it's a stock wheel, revision 3. checked all fuses in both boxes, none have blown.

cheers.

cheers, guys for that, I'll get meself a newhorn then! off to Jap auto parts today hopefully, do a bit of smuggling!

thanks again.

Yo blokey, don't get a horn from a Jap car!!!! DO NOT. What you want is to get down to your local scrappy, and get a horn outta a Merc or BM, cos they have a much deeper note to them, there fore sounding more manly. I fitted a twin horn off a Merc 190 to a frenz Civic before, defo make a difference. The horn cost 10 quid.

are they easy to remove and fit?

where is the horn situated in the front bonnet? I'm too lazy to go and check.

thanks again for the comments, will probably go for a german horn then, sounds great! thanks.

Yo blokey, don't get a horn from a Jap car!!!! DO NOT. What you want is to get down to your local scrappy, and get a horn outta a Merc or BM, cos they have a much deeper note to them, there fore sounding more manly. I fitted a twin horn off a Merc 190 to a frenz Civic before, defo make a difference. The horn cost 10 quid.

good call... I'm goign to be doing the same.. I'm fed up of sounding like the road runner!!!

meep meep.....

I'm after a benz/jag or rolls horn....

odd tho the supra horn is far better then the MR2 one!!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links