Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newbie With Headlight Question

WeeGreenDragon

Hi,

I have a 2018 Yaris which needs a new driver's side headlight as the DRL has failed.

Looking at suppliers to replace and see Europarts are listing two versions.

Can anyone advise if both would suit? Almost £100 of a difference between them.

Irritating that bulbs aren't replaceable and it's seems like silly money to replace whole unit. Local mechanic suggested scrap dealer for headlight but don't want to have to replace again if avoidable (also suspect other headlight will follow suit) so would rather buy new but also get good value if possible.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20240526-102739~2.png

Screenshot_20240526-102721~2.png

Posted (edited)

The one on the bottom is only for Yaris Mk3 that doesnt have the LED strip DRL. It is cheaper because it does not have the LEDs, and only requires a standard filament type 580 incandescent DRL bulb (See picture below). This type of headlight assembly was only fitted to the base models in the Mk3 range (1st and 2nd Facelift only). It will not be compatible with your car if your car has the LED strip type DRL. In that case you will need a complete new headlight assembly as the LED type are non user serviceable once the DRL LED strips fail.

Also, I have just noticed the bottom one is a non-projector type headlight bulb too, it is a standard halogen bulb type, and I dont think UK Yaris models from 2018 would have had this type of headlight apart from the absolute most basic model. It would in this case definitely not be suitable for your car if it has LED type DRL.

Screenshot 2023-07-25 224904.jpg

Edited by Stevie J
Noticed non-projector type bulb
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, WeeGreenDragon said:

I have a 2018 Yaris

I think @Stevie J has probably nailed it, but you need to be more specific about the car. Lamp clusters (halogen, projector, LED) can vary with the spec from base to high.

• Like 1

Have read a thread previously that a member here has tried to DIY fix the drl led, not sure if that has passed the mot. Have a search on the forum. I had the older drl as a filament bulb in a 2016, a few were blown during my ownership, inexpensive to replace of course. 

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links