Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Soon To Be A Mr2 Turbo Owner

jerry phipps

Doesn't a Turbo timer (Not built  into the alarm system types) affect the Cat 1 status?

I was advised that by my installer thats all.

Hope you enjoy the car dude!

Hey Billy C

Thats a valid point you have there my friend i will have to look into that mate. Theres so many things that you have to look out for ah mate? Good job you mentioned that :thumbsup: Cheers.

jerry!!

technically the turbo timer only invalidates your insurance while its running.. :thumbsup:

At the end of the day Jerry JUST HAVE FUN WITH HER :thumbsup:

That i will mate :thumbsup:

jerry!!

technically the turbo timer only invalidates your insurance while its running.. :thumbsup:

So basically if i have taken the key out of the car and the turbo timer is running and no one is in the car My insurance will be void :ffs: Dam these insurance company's have got it all stitched up haven't they :(

jerry!!

its actually illegal to have your engine running when your not in the car, and the insurance is void with a turbo timer until an immobiliser kicks in, there was one not long back of some bloke who left his porsche 911 running at petrol station but locked the doors whilst he went in shop, it got stolen and he tried to claim but insurance classed it void and he lost his car, poor bloke!!!

Jerry, never thought you'ld leave the yaris...

If the 2 stays as clean as the yaris were all going to look bad at the meets :) :) :)

You'll have great fun with her, good luck...

jerry me old

when you get your alarm system go for one of the clifford concept range as you can have a turbo timer and remote start (for warm up) intergrated into the system using intellistart

the bonus is the car remains locked and alarmed while you walk away or get ready to leave the house and will instantly cut out and rearm the immobilisers as soon as it is finished

also if there are any attempts to pinch the car when warming or cooling it will instantly cut out, arm the immobilisers and set off the alarm

thats my recommendations buddy

ohh yeah and yes its does momentarily void the insurance :rolleyes:

but like i say the doors are locked etc when its doing it (if you walk off and arm the system)

Jerry, never thought you'ld leave the yaris...

If the 2 stays as clean as the yaris were all going to look bad at the meets :) :) :)

You'll have great fun with her, good luck...

Hi rhaines

Yes mate i finally decide to buy one mate. I have been thinking about it for quite a while mate so i just went out and done it mate. Your shock I'm still :censor: shocked :eek:

jerry!!

jerry me old

when you get your alarm system go for one of the clifford concept range as you can have a turbo timer and remote start (for warm up) intergrated into the system using intellistart

the bonus is the car remains locked and alarmed while you walk away or get ready to leave the house and will instantly cut out and rearm the immobilisers as soon as it is finished

also if there are any attempts to pinch the car when warming or cooling it will instantly cut out, arm the immobilisers and set off the alarm

thats my recommendations buddy

Hi rob

So how much are we talking then mate. This all sounds really expensive mate but it also sounds good :thumbsup: I like the idea of remote starting :thumbsup: Will have to look into that mate. Cheers for that buddy ;)

jerry!!

Fit a kill switch on the clutch pedal which is wired in to become active once turbo timer is operational... as soon as they drop the clutch to put it in gear, it cuts the engine. They'd be doing well to get into gear and keep it alive without a clutch!

I think I know the 94' TURBO you have bought, from SEYMOURS with 23000 miles.

Is this it? Looks nice and original. :thumbsup:

I bet you can't wait!! :yes:

1089310416-al.jpg

Fit a kill switch on the clutch pedal which is wired in to become active once turbo timer is operational... as soon as they drop the clutch to put it in gear, it cuts the engine. They'd be doing well to get into gear and keep it alive without a clutch!

The Clifford connects to the handbrake to do the same thing. If you take the handbrake off the engine stops.

I think I know the 94' TURBO you have bought, from SEYMOURS with 23000 miles.

Is this it? Looks nice and original. :thumbsup:

I bet you can't wait!! :yes:

1089310416-al.jpg

Thats the one matey :thumbsup: What do you think?

jerry!!

well im sat here going a dark shade of green! :lol:

So does this mean that i have your approval then ;)

jerry!!

jerry ,

When do you get her ??

Paul

Hi Paul

Well hopefully in about 3 weeks. But I'm going on holiday so i will pick her up after me holiday i think so. I'm looking at 1st week of October then :crybaby:

jerry!!

Jerry,

I think its excellent, good REV 3 Turbos with low mileage are hard to find even in Japan.

Have FUN! :D

Jerry,

I think its excellent, good REV 3 Turbos with low mileage are hard to find even in Japan.

Have FUN! :D

Hi NEED4SPEED

Well cheers buddy. That means a lot to me mate. As i was still kinda worried that i had gone out and brought a car like this. Bearing in mind that i have given up a 02 yaris t sport with less that 15,000 miles on the clock and brought a car that is 10 years old :eek:

Cheers mate for your kind words :thumbsup:

jerry!!

well im sat here going a dark shade of green! :lol:

So does this mean that i have your approval then ;)

jerry!!

158% approval :D

but thats only going on the fact that ill be treated to a little ride round one time :lol:

:thumbsup:

158% approval :D

but thats only going on the fact that ill be treated to a little ride round one time :lol:

:thumbsup:

Not a problem mate. Will have to arrange that up one day :thumbsup:

jerry!!

your car looks good Jerry !

Thanks mate. I really cant wait for it to arrive :drool:

jerry!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links