Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Strange Knocking Noise - Help Please

dmjuk

Ive got a 02 gen 7 celica and today during a traffic jam on the motorway when i was stuck in the jam moving along slowly, i intermittantly felt and heard a knocking noise coming up through the stering wheel when i made small adjustments. It disappeared above 20-30mph, i dont normally travel slowly for any length of time so i dont if this problem has been there for a while or just started today. Does anybody have any ideas or previous experience with anything thing like this.

Any ideas would be much apprciated! :thumbsup:

could be the front pads sticking on the discs if you've been hard braking and they have expanded due to the heat, and sitting in traffic with the foot brake on.

you know i think you might be right, before i get on the motorway, theres a cracking B road i come along and that day i'd gave it a particulary good thrashing, ive just had new pads put on and ran them in for about 1000 miles so it was the first time i thought they were ready for a good hiding

cheers

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links