Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Kick In The Teeth For Gtir's ?

Unity Jon

I've often hear GTiR owners bable on about how good thier cars are and what great idea it was to put a turbo and 4wd into a hatch etc etc and through contacts i'd also heard of a mystical toyota factory built 4wd turbo corolla.....

well here's a pic of one.

archive_14_m.jpg

Its a 1988 toyota corolla (badged as a 'conquest' in South Africa) and it is indeed a turbo 4wd :D

and no i dont know where you can get one from, but this one lives in the same town as my father-in-law ! :lol::lol:

not sure what you mean about the Lancia Integrali, are you saying they did 4wd turbo in a hatch first ? if so then you're right, they did it in 1987.

Or do you mean the car in the pic is a lancia ? if so then there's a few things wrong with it, first off its right hand drive see the tax disks in the right hand corner and the way the wipers lay, all integrale's are left hookers

secondly the front indicator and headlamp assembly is totally different from an Integrale (notice the slant of the headlight ?) and thirdly the flared arches on this car are works rally arches that are not only flared but still carry the arch lip profile, Integrale arches have no arch lip and are a much neater flare over all. Fourthly, is TOYOTA not written big enough for you ? :P Fithly in Nov. hopefully i'll have some pics of this car as it stands today.

Also this is a Toyota forum right , just thought there would be some interest ? if you're going to talk about Lancia's at least talk about the Stratos ;)

Something else of interest.....

see the sticker on the rear wing that looks like a ferrari 'horse' well thats the original Toyota emblem that they had to stop using when ferrari put a trade mark on their black horse, saying it was too similar.....cheeky f :censor: kers, Toyota had the symbol first. :angry::angry::angry:

not sure what you mean about the Lancia Integrali, are you saying they did 4wd turbo in a hatch first ? if so then you're right, they did it in 1987.

Actually your both wrong, what about the Peugeot 205 T16? :P

Originally made in 83, it had a mid-mounted, turbocharged, 1.8 litre that produced 350bhp, later models made over 550bhp. The original 205 T16 won 9 World Championship events in 1984 and 1985 and gave Peugeot both the Drivers' (Timo Salonen) and Manufacturers' championships in 1985, while the 205 Turbo 16 E2 won 7 WRC rounds, again taking the Drivers' (Juha Kankkunen) and Manufacturers crowns in 1986.

I'm not wrong. I'm not saying any of those things. I was implying that the styling is very similar and at a distance in a cloud of dust with no sponsorship decals only the difference in the rear wing would give the game away.

:P

It looks quite good actually. Nice picture for the archives.

I'm thinking i wish i'd done that to my ae82 before i crashed it oops

to add another bizarre twist to the story, i said it was n my father-in-laws home town, well i mentioned it to the wife as she has a healthy interest in Cars also and it turns out that the guy that currently owns this particular car used to be godd mates with her at school........small world huh ?

guess what i''ll be trying to buy when i'm there......

what are the chances ? :huh:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links