Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gmail Account

CraigT

Received an invite the other day to have a google GMAIL account.

These are pretty hard to come by at the moment :blink:

There's been a lot of uproar about the way they are handling the new mail service though which is putting me off using it a bit.

Anyone else on here manage to get one? and does anyone have a spare invite I could have so my GF can have a GMAIL account too?

You can read more about it here:

http://www.google.com/press/pressrel/gmail.html

http://gmail-is-too-creepy.com/

http://www.gmailswap.com/

been trying to get one, in the end I have made my own current mailbox size is 828MB Used

I need £3600.00 so I can have 5.6TB space

Surely you can delete some of your junk mail! :rolleyes:

Judging from some of my received e-mail I hate to think what the adverts I would get would be for...

A

Ive got a gmail account, woohoo *Hugs JJ* Thanks love :D

*has contacts at Google... and Hence I can get Gmail invites... I currently have 5 still to give away.... I refuse to charge people cause its stupid.. why pay for a free service... Gmail is still in beta testing phase hence the reason it is invite only..and if you hvae any ideas or bugs you can report them to Google and they will look into it.

So far I have found it very good... especially for things such as mailinglists.. as it catagorises all emails under the same topic as conversations.

err....

Somethinsg worried me, They are connected with goverment under their T and C and their privacy thing..

This means anyone with government backing ie. Police and the like can ask to see your emails without asking you! :o they only have to ask google, also, they only have to submit a subpeona NOT a warrant..

This means anyone using the words, MP3 and DOWNLOAD in the same email may be looked at... :o

Shocking or what

Some terms to try...

BOMB and PRESIDENT BUSH.... (see what happens)

got a idea for google and their gmail account, might give it a try

Hon.. I've heard rumours that the world's email is monitored ;) along with phone calls etc... *shrugs... depends how paranoid you are lol... but I reckon if they wanted to rtack your email.. they could.. after all it only requires hacking into a mailserver ;) and I doubt MSN would have any qualms about people seeing your hotmail account ;)

*has contacts at Google... and Hence I can get Gmail invites... I currently have 5 still to give away.... I refuse to charge people cause its stupid.. why pay for a free service... Gmail is still in beta testing phase hence the reason it is invite only..and if you hvae any ideas or bugs you can report them to Google and they will look into it.

So far I have found it very good... especially for things such as mailinglists.. as it catagorises all emails under the same topic as conversations.

Hmmmmm Jaydan you wouldnt be able to spare one of those invites to craig.thomas10@ntlworld.com would you?

Id offer you amazing things, but....erm....I cant think of anything :/

lol.... send me an email to jaydan@gmail.com and I'll invite ya seeing as you asked so nice ;)

*is lazy *will invite you from there

lol.... send me an email to jaydan@gmail.com and I'll invite ya seeing as you asked so nice ;)

*is lazy *will invite you from there

Awww ta!

Email sent :wub:

Gotta love the storage! Im part of loads of graphics groups so gotta empty my email daily with msn :(

Something I wondered about with these gmail invitations---if you invite somebody who then misbehaves and gets their account yanked, do they pull the inviter too? What about if you invite two people who later abuse the service?

How about if you invite somebody who invites somebody who wrecks it? How far back would they throw people off?

If I was the admin that's what I'd be thinking :D

Have you seen gmailfs, a linux mountable filesystem which uses gmail as a remote store for your data? Sadly the t&cs ban using something like that, but a clever trick nonetheless.

Cheers

Paul.

I've got a spare one too - first to email skenno@gmail.com gets it....

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links