Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help, Ma Cars Ruined

fazzy

Hi guys, today i found out that lifes a bit of a b***h.

Some one caused this massive dent (more like a ditch) into ma front bumper :( .

I had ma car in the public car park at work and this woman in here 7 seater renault while driving out/in of the space beside to the left of ma car crashed into the side of ma front bumper scrathed the front and has wrecked ma front bumper just under the left headlight.

I wasnt there, but luckily the wifes husband noticed a piece of paper i put in ma car with ma works name as a work car pass and came in and told me give his details etc. Which i am so grateful for cause it is ma parents car and he didnt need to. His car is a work company insurance car so maybe thats why he came in.

I seen his car and it had ma paint work all the way down his renault so she must of crashed it and carried on going <_< :(

Anyway this is ma first time dealing with this and i think it will be dealt with clearly, he didnt have his insurance details but he gave me his work details, reg, mobile numbers, etc and the fact he came and found me instead of just runnin makes me think it will be ok. He needs to phone the work folk on Monday.

So.. what now,

I think i will definetly need a new bumper, the headlight is scrathed a bit and the side panel has flaky paint work at the edge. I have high excess but cause i wasnt in the car i will make sure it goes threw ma dads name as his is lower (£50 i think)

But what about the bumper, well i just get a exact replacement? i dont know has this happend to anyone before?

I was wanting to get a new bumper in the future, cause mines was just normal blue matching ma car with no flog lights. It was grey originally then i sprayed it matching to the rest of the car.

I want a bumper like the new t-sport with the flog lights or something smarter than standard.

Would i be able to get it with out having to pay for it, cause i think we'll need to get a new bumper, unless the repair bumpers with big big holes in them ??, so if they are gonna buy a new one can it not be a better one. I aint trying to rip him off but can someone tell me what i can accept and what i am due.

Thanks alot guys, i hope that it goes ok and it shows you that you shouldnt take your car for granteed.

This should go thru the other guys insurance so u will not need 2 pay any excess of any kind! :thumbsup:

They will replace the bumpers with standard parts tho so that is the only downside! :(

Never crashed my car or been crashed into so I don't know much mate but I think thats about right! :thumbsup:

Anyway, good luck 2 u and wot a nice guy, he could have just driven off, so look on the bright side and think urself lucky!

so is there no way i would be able to get another type of bumper?

I thought the insurance guy comes out and then gives you a cheque to cover all the damage they think its worth, not sure how do they access how many money they give you

thanks

Dunno! Blue84 might be along in a while, think she works in insurance? U could try Pm'ing her aswell! :thumbsup:

hi, this is from a guy with experience :P unfortunatly.

they will ask you to take ur car to one of the insurance company approved repair shops who then assess the damage. they will then send a report to the insurance company along with photos and the cost of the repair. the insurance company will then give them a decision on wheather to repair or write off the car (obviously not the latter on this occation). they will then do the repair. you dont have any control over it. once the car has been repaired the repair shop will ask for the excess and you will have to wait for you insurance company to clame it back off the other one. this unfortunatly can take some time. took 6 weeks to get mine back. but only 3 weeks for the car to be repaired. but yours should only be a few days. not as much damage as mine :P

hope this helps ;)

so the garage repair it say for £500, i have to pay for it, then ma insurance company claims it back?

See if they say it costs £500 for standard stuff you think i would be able to ask them to get a better one instead, and i pay the extra money it costs ie the money over the £500 standard stuff out ma own pocket ???

hmmm not to sure. you will have to be careful, i know some insurance companies can be funny about it if they find out you have modded your car without tellin them. all u can do it ask your repair shop when it goes in.

you only have to pay as much as your compulsary excess is. i had to pay £350. i just wacked it on my credit card until it came thru. luckly i removed the extra excess from my insurance last year else i would have had to pay £850

well it ll probably cost around £300 for a new front bumper (including fitting + paint)! the actual front bumper standard is about £90. and costs about as much to have it touched up (ie sand it down and stuff not to sure on wot they do just a rough idea of cost). not to sure on the insurance tho! just to explain how i know i scraped my mums bumper into a wall while reversing! :crybaby: so the cost of my excess was the same as the repair. that was roughly a year ago.

cool, if a standard bumper is £90 how much is it for a t-sport bumper? and how much for the fog lights

Also, the entire left corner of the bumper is crumpled in, so i think it will need replacing plus under the piece under the bumper is scrathed and the healight.

doubt they will respond to ur demands , they dont work like that , if you have modded the car and kept stumm you'll be lucky to even get a cent from them.also the bill for her car most likely. :!Removed!:

maleborn1967 :"you'll be lucky to even get a cent from them.also the bill for her car most likely"

not sure what you mean

I havent modded the front bumper of ma car, and i aint getting the bill for her car.

I know it might not happen but i'm gonna at least try, i'll get the money for the standard bumper like i had, but if i can ask the garage to order a different one and i'll cover the extra cost ma self, it might happen, might not, depends if the guy i know is on the list of there approved garages.

Never been in the situation before, so sorry if it looks like i am asking stupit questions.

*BODY KITS - MSDESIGN Front Lip is that what i would need instead of the standard bumper?

so i can give the guy a rough idea

the picture on that site you gave is from Toyota showing a stock TS.

toyota_yarisface_g_v1.jpg

The MS Design lip is the very bottom part of the pic, far from a complete bumper.

Cheers, Yves.

firstly the word is ........MY, not MA :thumbsup:

YOU shouldnt have to pay anything as you are not at fault, you only pay the excess if your at fault, as you are not, you wont

Yves: cheers i thought it wasnt the full thing but in the picture beside the price list all there is, is the front bumper.

Looking at it again i think all it is showing is the car for which the parts could be applied for not the actual parts, cause i cant see a front lip on the pic or spoiler

cheers anyway, anyone got a idea where i can get a full front bumper shown in a few styles?

superchargedIS200: o ma god, your right, but.. who cares <_<

What Chris said is right about claiming off your own insurer,

You can also try claiming direct of the other guys insurance..that means you call him, ask who they are, get a policy number/claim reference (hopefully he'll have reported it) and a phone number..call them up, say whats happened (his insurance will have to class it as being a fault accident against their insured cos your car was stationary and unattended)..tell them that you would like them to deal with the repairs for you - I know the company I work for offers the choice of going through our approved repairer network, or you can use your own garage and we'd send an engineer out when you have gotten estimates..altho if you use your own garage then if the work aint upto scratch you cant complain to the insurer cos you chose the garage..with apr's you get a guarantee on the work. If you need a courtesy car for the repair duration mention that also. I know Tesco are a company who dont accept direct claims from "third parties"..so bare that in mind.

If the other guys insurance take it on for you, you wont have to pay any excess either as you only pay an excess towards a claim you make on your own policy. If your car is modded and you havent disclosed this to your own insurers it shouldnt matter, cos the other guys insurance have a responsibility to put your car back to how it was before the accident happened..no more, no less.

Hope that helps.

Blue

Thanks for your time blue84,

what would you advise is better for me, to claim threw ma company or as you suggested through the other persons company?

Who would i talk to about a a courtesy car?

***This is the main info i am after***

K the main thing was i have a standard bumper given by toyota when i bought it, and as the bumper needs replacing, is there anyway of replacing it with a better one (the t-sport)?

Blue84???

You are lucky the guy was decent enough to get in touch with you. Believe me, it was definitely their fault and their insurance should have to pay for the damage.

I had a similar incident where a taxi driver just stopped his car against mine. My TS was parked. Luckily, I noticed quick enough to get his details.

yeah your right, it never really dawned on me that ma car could be in danger at any time :o . :(

I think i got off very luckily this time, and it definetly taught me to be grateful for ma car.

Next stop after i get it fixed i think well be fitting a alarm :) which a pager so i know when its in trouble, cause we all know it doesnt matter how loud the alarm is no one bothers to see if anything is wrong :angry:

Hiya, sorry I didnt reply sooner.

I'd give trying to claim direct of the other guys insurance a try first of all, and go from there. Call them up and do what I said before hand..tell them that you want them to deal with your repairs completely. Also let your own insurance company know too for "information only"..that way you wont get any comebacks on yourself, and it wont affect your NCB either as long as there is no outstanding money on your policy.

As for your bumper, the other peoples insurance company have a responsibility to get the car back to you exactly as it was before the accident happened - no more, no less...so that would be very unlikely to get a better bumper out of them unless they couldnt source an old style bumper, you paying extra for them to ft a new bumper that is of a higher spec and paying the extra would be iffy too..

As for a courtesy car speak to the other guys insurance company too..see what they say and go from there. Tell them you will need a car whilst yours is in for repair and can they supply that to you aswell? It's only gonna be a small corsa/fiesta size and only for repair duration too (they'll never be as good as a Yaris I know!)

Let me know what his insurers say yeah?

Blue

hey ull be suprised. i got a 1.5 almera with A/C and everythin. but only cos it was a hire car which was claimed off the other guys insurance

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links