Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Glow Gauges (nightmare)

Intro2

Hi there, desperate help needed here, i am currently trying to find some glow gauges for my celica, but the problem seems to be that say eBay all the dials on there are for gauges that rev to 8000rev and a speedo of either 150 or 180ish, i cannot track down a dial for my car as the rev counter goes to 9000 and the speedo goes to 120mph, any ideas or is it something to do with my gauges? is it because its an import, any help from anyone would be appreciated, also i have changed all the stock bulbs on the gauge cluster but my speedo still doesn't illuminate properly, if i get some gauges no problem otherwise i can't see a thing!

HEEELLPP

Thanks

You'll probably find that your 120MPH gauge was fitted to the car to get it through the SVA test. It may well be that they have just stuck the face over the original JDM 180KPH face which is why you are having trouble with the lighting (its trying to get through two layers that dont line up properly). It probably also means your car still has its JDM speed limiter in place. All cars that are used in Japan are limited by law to 180KPH (112MPH). If you fit a speedo converter the 180 KPH speedo face becomes a 180MPH one and the odometer clicks up in miles instead of kilometers. They also have the side effect of removing the speed limiter (actually they dont take it off altogether it just gets put up to 180MPH). Take a look at http://eliteinternational.co.uk They do both the speedo cable type and the electronic depending on which type of speedo you have.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links