Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Owch! I Burnt My Thumb!

breezer

A few years back when i was on holiday, on the last day i was making a brew and spilt the boiling water on my self :wacko: it spilt very near the family jewels :fear: absolutely killed...straight into the cold shower to cool it off and the rest of the day i was in the pool...no scarring (sp?) at all now but a very close call

aye,..cool rapidly under cold running water for a good 10 minutes to removed the heat.

It is ok to wrap in clingfilm..especially if it's a bad burn as it can get infected easily.

Best to apply vaseline ( after cooling with cold water) then cover in clingfilm.

It's when you wrap it in anything else as the fibres stick to the skin, and it will hurt a tad when you take it off.

Can easily die from a burn...especially the older folk, I belive only a 5-10% burn can be extremly serious.

I use our microwave as an oven for smaller things...as it's a combi..and heats up quick. trouble is...you forget that it's an overntoo...the number of times I took something out with my bare hands... you then have to make a decsion once it's in your hands....Do i let go and throw my dinner all over the floor...or do I hang on and get it to the side quick..and sod my hands....!

Vipes

some interesting advice and storys!! cheers peeps :D

its just a white lil blister now, doesnt hurt anymore thank <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?> :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links