Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Recently Acquired An Avensis

mick185

Lo all, new to these forums having recently changed to an Avensis as my run around from an ST185.

Having used the car very little lately (as i use my motorbike more) it would seem that the car has developed a few problems.

Yesterday the alarm started playing up, in that after locking it it set itself off somehow and would only stop sounding when i didnt bother locking the car with the remote.

In a nutshell i have a car now that if i lock using the keyfob to enable the alarm, it decides to trigger when it feels like it, if i lock the car using the key and central locking then its fine, i dont suppose this was prevalent in the 99 Avensis at all was it? at least then i can start to try and find where the problem is :(

Also i have noticed lately that when pulling off in 1st, sometimes i get a noticeable screech, which sounds clutch related, it can be felt if you like in the clutch pedal and disappears as soon as the clutch pedal is fully out.

Would this be the clutch on its way out?

The car is as i mentioned a 99 2.0GLX, it has done 75,000 miles and other than the problems listed has given me no trouble at all since April when i got it to lug my kit about, but i am a bit worried about how costly tracing these two faults is going to be, especially as one is electrics related and the other is clutch related.

Any advice given would be greatly appreciated :)

I would say your alarm problem is almost certainly your intrusion sensor setting. It's a little black box usually located under driver panel & can be adjusted for sensitivity.

Failing that, check if there any interior lights left on when doors are closed?

Your clutch problem could be release bearing, common running dry problem on Toyota's.

PM me if you need further info.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links