Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Who's Who In This Forum?

asfafa

I'm just curious about people who post and view this forum.

How many people here already have their Prius? Who is still waiting for their Prius to turn up at their dealer (like me!), and who are still pondering, or are just curious?

I'm interested to hear from any new owners ('54' owners :-) and their initial experiences!

paul

This sounds like a similar post to my earlier one, albeit less flippant!

I am a 32 year old technophile and am an anaesthetist by trade. Many of the other members seem to be in computers.

I have a red T3 on order with an ETA of Nov 17th ( Ordered July), although I have my doubts!

As long as it comes before the MOT on my current car (Audi A2) I don't mind . ( Iffy tyres all round)

Hi, I bought an 01 from a gentleman who had just received his new 04. I love it and am getting an average of 46 mpg. I live in Oceanside, CA.....right on the edge of Camp Pendleton and 40 miles north of San Diego. I'm beginning to see more and more new Prius, so SOME orders are arriving here. :hokus-pokus:

I am a housewife and bought a T Spirit, ordered in May and delivered for September 1st.

Although technically and legally it is mine, hubby mainly drives it and he is a Network support chappie.

We are just starting to experience problems with the car but I will make a separate post for those, for help and advice.

I am 43 and hubby is 39. Technophiles both.

Paul, you know most of my background by now. Had a Prius since Jan 04, technophile with green leanings, 47.

Read something some time back that said the typical buyer would be mid forties, highly educated and above average earner.

You all didn't have to be so specific :D and state your ages, etc.!

As for me, I'm 33 and a Technical Consultant in Bath but living in Bristol.

Just an update Malc, but I called Toyota again today, and now they've slipped the date back from 16th to 27th! I am livid, to say the least. I planned my holiday from Oct 22, expecting my Prius to be ready for the 20th, so I pushed this home with the dealer. Let's hope they listen - apparently, the car is still 'at sea'! How long does it take to ship for goodness' sake!?

:angry:

BTW, I have yet to see a Prius around these parts. There must be some people here who live in Bath or Bristol?

paul

MY dad runs one, a silver T4, in Somerset, but he don't read this forum.

he's 72 and retired

Allthough I have done most of the paperwork for him, as he was still in Holland at the time.

Ordered his from Cornwall as the price was the best (£1200 off).

original date was 11 september, but made it for the 1st :)

Have seen 2 more around here that weren't dealer cars.

rickers

BTW, I have yet to see a Prius around these parts. There must be some people here who live in Bath or Bristol?

I go down to Bristol every quarter or so. Will be down there next Tuesday (12th Oct) around Filton.

javascript:emoticon(':(') 1. I am a retired university lecturer (computers and psychology), a member of Friends of the Earth and Leicestershire Organic Group. My wife and I drove the demo Prius for 57 miles in early September and ordered one on returning it to the dealers. Now waiting for delivery in January. Unbearable! Our local dealer is Farmer & Carlisle of Loughborough, and the senior sales guy is Alan Baker. He owns a Classic Prius and so our discussions with him were a joy, unlike the unhappy experience many other would-be buyers have had elsewhere.

javascript:emoticon(':bookworm:') 2. Which? The independent consumer magazine (advertising in the banner up this page) have asked members owning Prius 2004 to take part in a user opinion survey. There can't be that many Which? members owning Prius, so to avoid the 'not enough people responded' result it might be worth while offering your help in the survey. Write to Dept NL, Help Wanted, PO Box 44, Hertford XSG14 1SH with full details and contact telephne number, and the exact age and model of Prius. They'll select ten owners and contact them for phone interviews.

I hope they'll acept your input - it would be good to spread the word about Prius.

IT Techie (Unix) aged 57 Had my Silver T4 since early Feb 2004 and its the second most loved thing in my life - well I had to say that just in case the missus reads this!

• 2 months later...

45 ish, English living in Germany. Satellite Engineer

Executive version with Navi ordered End May, received End Sept 2004 replaced my beloved MR2 Roadster.

Now when will a Hybrid MR2/Celica opentop be available???

Hi

I finally got mine delivered in April i thinks, remember the long wait and the ferocious appetite for forums and researching it!

Got to quite like this forum, have met a couple of the guys here on a Prius meet at Bletchley (have i spelt that right?).

Knew i would love the car and still do, no problems to report (except a flippin !Removed! burn in front seat committed by the missus!)

39 yr old IT support guy, love gadgets! gaming and fuel saving lol

BudJar

How many people here already have their Prius? Who is still waiting for their Prius to turn up at their dealer (like me!), and who are still pondering, or are just curious?

paul

Sorry but I don't fall into any of those categories - What I want is an Estima Hybrid! :crybaby:

• 3 weeks later...

:D Hi. Everyone. Just about to start a three year experiment with a new Prius, from Feb 15th 02005, to see if I can make a car pay for itself over the period.

I'm claiming back mileage payments from my co which I'm hoping will accumulate enough cash to pay a larger deposit on the next car in 2008.

Expecting my mileage which is all over the South of England, to be around 27KPA.

I'm aware of the fact that the Prius returns much better mileage at lower speeds in suburbia, but would think driving a Prius can't be more expensive than a 2 litre Turbo Volvo.

What do other owners think of my chances?

Is anyone out there doing similar mileages in a Prius?

Anyone Prius owners in this club forum around Northampton way?

Don't see many Prius's on the road round here, or anywhere for that matter.

Interestingly I did some calculations before I bought mine. Our company mileage is paid on engine size and the Prius is classed as below 1500cc. That means that after the first 2500 miles I only get 10p per mile. Fuel costs about 7p per miles so it's not a great earner.

In terms of making money I was better off with my 2.2 diesel.

In some respects the Prius is like a saving scheme because you can claim the difference between the Inland Revenue allowed mileage rates and what your company pays you (assuming it's lower) as extra relief at the end of the year.

Ususally amounts to a few hundred quid back from the taxman.

Just past the 20k mark on mine.

Re comment from Braindead

I'm expecting something like 35p per mile average payment from my co. In my calcs that should represent a reasonable return. I'm led to believe by our FD that this is the limit acceptable by the government before tax is levied.

Incidentally I was more than swayed anyway by the gadget level in a Spirit.

Have had my ‘54’ blue for nearly 4 weeks. Got 458 mls on first tank full. Find steering 'hunts' a bit, which made yesterday's trip from Leeds back to Loughborough a bit tiring compared with my old Renault Laguna! Find I'm always turning off the A/C to save petrol! Am still not very good at parking, haven’t got use to the short front and where the back ends. Was surprised that a new car had the oil level significantly above the full mark! Would have thought it would have been filled automatically on the production line. I dabble in computers part-time.

Bob (Loughborough)

Have had my ‘54’ blue for nearly 4 weeks. Got 458 mls on first tank full. Find steering 'hunts' a bit, which made yesterday's trip from Leeds back to Loughborough a bit tiring compared with my old Renault Laguna! Find I'm always turning off the A/C to save petrol! Am still not very good at parking, haven’t got use to the short front and where the back ends. Was surprised that a new car had the oil level significantly above the full mark! Would have thought it would have been filled automatically on the production line. I dabble in computers part-time.

Bob (Loughborough)

Bob.

Youve surprised me there!

I thought that the A/C on the Prius ran off an independant electric motor which is then supposed to have a negligable effect on petrol consumption.

Is this not then the case?

The reason I don't know is that I don't get mine for another 5 days

The air con does run off an elecric motor and doesn't effect consumption much.

Cold weather causes more of a problem....my fuel consumption has dropped considerably in the winter.

Bring on the summer :D

Re: A/C, I suppose it would be better if this was labled 'climate control'. I'm not sure if the compressor always comes on in th 'auto' mode. I was told that using the 'auto' mode was the most efficient way of keeping the cabin warm.

Bob

Mine is left in Auto climate control mode except for sometimes I need to clear the screen when first starting.

ALso, if you have a car full of people I find it can get stuffy if left in auto mode.

• 1 month later...

Ordered our Silver, "05" T4 on 28Feb and it was delivered on thursday - 24Mar. Really its my wife's car, as its in her name, she paid for it and is the main driver. Very impressed with the delivery time: we were told it was "already on a boat" - presumably their next demonstrator...

It'll mostly get driven into Oxford for her work in molecular biology / safety. I work in computers and normally drive an MGF (sports car with a boot, unlike the MR2 :-) )

We're "in our 40s" also (which seems to be a bit of a pattern forming in this thread...)

Interested in the concept of a "Prius Meet" - do they happen often?

Neil.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a 38 yr old GP living in South Cumbria

Had my Jan 04 Prius (Regency Red) for about one month now and very happy! :D

Bought it as the main family car and my work car.

Ideal for me as I do lots of town driving when out visiting patients.

Went to Necastle recently and ave 54mpg at motorway speeds :hokus-pokus:

My wife loves the car as it`s comfortable,smooth and quiet.

My daughter loves it as it`s got loads of room for her in the back.

This car had 20k on but looks good.I love `stealth mode` but it does mean that you do need to use the horn sometimes!

I changed the reg to P12 EUS and am well pleased :thumbsup:

My wife has a Honda Insight which we`ve had since Jan 05 with the reg H16RYD.

We love both cars and got rid of an Audi and a Saab to buy them.

Kind regards ED :)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links