Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Engine Can I Fit To My 1.0 Vvt

CAMSHAFT

ok.. it has a 2.0L 3SGE with some mods... some competition grade LSD and a fully custom built suspension... all loose body parts are plastic... it's best track time is 13.589 sec... :)

here are a couple of very bad pictures... didn't find anything else...:

http://www.rally.is/myndabankiDisplay.php?....+j%FAn%ED+2002

this car was for sale a couple of months ago... don't know if the owner managed to sell it...

it's very easy to make this a street legal car here in Iceland - the insurance companies are no problem - the insurance system here is nice... :) the insurance cost depends on the weight and size of the car - not on the engine size or power - and thus I can easily add a turbo to my TS without increasing my insurance cost... :)

it cost me 2k for the turbo kit and the mechanic was very understanding and charged £200 to fit it.

i had no ECU mods done so it didnt work 100%

im sure a 1.3L starlet turbo engine would be no problem at all, just some custom engine mounts.

it cost me 2k for the turbo kit and the mechanic was very understanding and charged £200 to fit it.

i had no ECU mods done so it didnt work 100%

im sure a 1.3L starlet turbo engine would be no problem at all, just some custom engine mounts.

you have a turbo kit on the 1.5L engine? :blink:

how many horses are you squeezing out of it?

i did have a turbo on my 1.0L it was fast but not worth the hassle. you need new ECu etc to get it working right which costs £1700 on top of turbo and fitting.

then you could get forged pistons for £900 and con rods for £1200 :thumbsup:

then consider a stronger gearbox as i bust my 1.0L while doing a standing start  :lol:

you could have a 180hp 1.0L for about  another £7000 all in ontop of buyin the car.

nope....on a 1L mate!

If you go from a one litre engine and drop a bigger lump in it would you have to upgrade other bits of the car to account for the extra power?

Things like brakes suspension, exhaust (bigger exhaust on the 1.5 than the 1.3 for example) what about chassis performance? The list could go on.

I’m not a mechanic but this would seem logical.

look if you want a fast car. buy a fast car. its as easy as that, by the time you've tarted around doing this doing that putting it all on the credit card (presuming your old enough to get one) you could have just saved a lot of time and money and bourght a fast car. even turboing a 1.0l isnt going to make it fast. fast for a 1.0l yes but still slow.

emm..faster than a 1 litre I should think :lol: I thinlk yad be better off buying a bigger engine than putting a turbo in insurance wise economy wise and all ..The 1 litre is a bit underpowered in my opinion and ure only using 2 more mile per gallon which is nothing really

how much is it going to cost to mess about putting a 3sGTE in your yaris?

why not just buy a rev1/2 mr2 turbo? :lol:

I bet the price difference isn't that much!

I ve won that 1.3 engine at auction last night :D ..bad news is I cant get anyone to collect it for me as its in the uk and im in ireland :( unless someone can help me here..

WRC I was aware you Turboed ur 1ltr but I didn't know you turbod ur T-Sport as well? So it only cost you £2200 for the whole turbo conversion in the T-Sport? Didn't you have to change anything else?

Just curious, whats the new 0-60 roughly on that? Its £2k of tuning so it best make a darn good difference :)

my insurance is expensive. if i put an extra 500 quid on my policy i would be able to drive a TT supra, but for the moment i still love the yaris as its got good performance/mpg.

and you can throw the yaris around down B-roads etc which makes it very fun. something you wouldnt get with a bigger car.

my t-sport aint turbod yet. once its done i will get performance figs up 0-60, 1/4mile and 0-100mph.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links