Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Doing Weights .....

Jimlad

I'm takin a wild guess here but I don't think Jim wants be be a beefcake! I think he just wants some muscles and a wee workout! :thumbsup:

Does a "wee workout" strengthen the bladder then? :D

RichK - no m8 that's spot on, good summary :)

Dave's achievements in bodybuilding are excellent and I have admiration for that, but not everyone wants to be Mr [insert name here], me included

Dave's approach is that of a body builder and mine is that of a weight lifter - perhaps if i'd have made that clearer earlier on there wouldn't have been so much petty bickering :D

I have no interest in using steroids to achieve what I want, in body building it's essential to use steroids if you're going to win the titles like Dave.

Anyway, we're all chums here - i'm just trying to offer jim the best advice I can, the same as Dave is: both from different angles.

It's totally up to jim what he does :)

btw, to anyone who has an interest in weight lifting/body building i'd suggest 'The new encyclopedia of modern body building' by Arnold Schwarzenegger as a decent read - it's actually very good

:group-cuddles:

tis indeed a good book. the arnie diet where he says u must eat a quarter pound of potted beef between 2 slices of toast & numerous egg whites,.....

i did that when i was 15, gained half a stone in weeks, it was great! :D

people at school thought i was a freak!

added to my obsession with acid house, and smiley face culture, i guess i was :P

fighting over, i wholeheartedly agree with the statement to join a gym, jim. :thumbsup:

p.s maleborn, thx for the comments, but really,..im just a skinny, has-been now :lol:

further proof that muscle doesnt turn to fat, which foolishly even some doctors still think can happen??!

they just shrink and go away :(

is that you that has recently been added to your avatar?, look good fella, i have nowhere near that depth of muscle on my back now :crybaby:

lol my signature was taken out of that book dave, have you seen the 1999 edition?

it's updated with numerous photos from his acting career, not sure how it relates to the book but it's still good fun :D

I love his facial grimaces in all the 'how-to' photos :lol:

I'm knacked just reading this thread...

yes dave thats me now , still plodding away ,no longer an ego trip , i do it for me , for fitness and longetivity in life hopefully

jim dude when i did security i was in gym 6 days a week training normamlly with ex milatary they basically mentored me and made sure that i rotated my workouts ie upper body lower body etc etc i didnt spend all my time on weights either i used runnig machine, ergo (alot), sit ups push ups etc

in short join a gym and get a trainer

that creotine stuff is a bit crap...all it deos is put a layer of water around your muscle tissue and if u dont keep up with weights it turns to flab

the most important thing with weights is the correct diet....if ur well serious have a one day a week where you eat what u want

plus alchool eats at muscle fibres...to much exercise with out rest then your muscles eat at them selfs to get nurrisment (ps spellin is pants! lol)

if u want to train every day train different muscle groups chest / arms . etc

and if u want strength training find your maximum weight you can lift do 6 slow reps of 80% or 60% 3 or 4 times so you lift the weight 6 times slow and controled rest for a minute and do it 3 or 4 times

if you want endurance choose a low weight lots of reps and slowey increase weight

and for toneness im not to sure lol but remember it takes time to see effects

IF YOU WORK OUT IN THE AFTERNOON THEN GO ON THE DRINK...ALL THAT EFFORT HAS BEEN WASTED.

cut down on the drink massivly and eat correct diet!!

Please dont tell me you are trying to become muscle jim to get girls love? If you are, give up now :rolleyes::lol:

Bet my love muscle is bigger than yours... :lol:

Drink water Jim. Gets rid of lactic acid build up (which makes your muscles sore). :thumbsup:

so many experts , no pics at all to prove it. :lol::lol:

BEEEEFCAKE !!!! .... lol

cheers for the advice chaps.

Rach.. only need one muscle to pull the birds love... and I've already got that.. lol

Rach.. only need one muscle to pull the birds love... and I've already got that.. lol

Good good love, as women dont like overly muscly men, and the ones that do claim to are the vain cows you dont want ;) :D :thumbsup: :group-cuddles:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links