Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Amazon Electric Window & Rear Wiper

Femi-Boanerges

Help! My 2000 Amazon V8 4.7 petrol model: The response of the driver's electric window is erratic; sometimes it responds to the power switch and at other times it fails to respond; on one occasion the driver's window was open all night because it failed to respond to the switch, the following morning the switch was working and the window glass went up! Less erratic when controlling other windows from the driver's controls - but occasionally it temporarily fails. Help! Have you had a similar problem? How did you resolve the problem.

The rear screen wiper is also faulty. When switched on, the wiper arm swings to the top position and stops there. The next time I switch on the engine, it returns to its resting position. Now it does not respond at all! Again, help!

Look forward to hearing from you.

Many thanks

Femi-Boanerges

:(

I dont have an V8 Amazon or electric windows,but from reading other posts on other forums the older models seem to suffer from a voltage drop in the mechanism inside the doors.

Usual reason is bad connections ,either in the door or sometimes on the Battery cables.

The electric windows draw a lot of power and everything needs to be perfect.

Again its usually the drivers that goes 1st.

Another problem is the flocking or window guides wear out and allow the window to tilt diagonally a few degrees and put enormous strain on the winding mechanism as it pushes against the friction.This would usually only apply to well worn landcruisers like mine :yes:

Your rear wiper motor is at least working as its resetting itself as it should.

I would test the wiper switch on the column and have a look inside the rear door.

If your not good with testing equipment,like me,get someone who is good but outline the tests you want done.

There is a lot of wiring in those 100 series :eek:

:D

Hi Sandgroper

You were 100% correct. I have just received a call from Toyota (left the car with them this morning) confirming that a connection had come loose and hence the problem with the windows. Many thanks.

The rear wiper motor and wiper linkage were broken!!! So I will have to change them - I think the damage occured when I washed the poor Amazon in a car wash! I have since learnt my lesson.

Many thanks

Femi-Boanerges

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links