Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi Newbie

Dee1

Hey, just thought i would introduce myself and say hello :yes:

I have just bought a celica GT and wanted to know the best way to up the power.

Any ideas please :D

Cheers Dee1

Cheers guy`s, already have a HKS super power filter on and will look into the decat.. What sort of gain will i get the the decat???

I couldn't say exactly but i'm pretty sure it will give you more than any filter or induction kit. I'd guess up to about an extra 10 bhp.

the truth.

Decat, full stainless, induction kit wont give you any more horses mate. if it does, your looking at 5-6max. what it will do is improve throttle response i.e. the time it takes for air and fuel to reach the combustion chambers and for the waste produce to leave the exhaust. best part of a grand for placebo.

Even if you crack the engine open and spend considerably on uprated clutch, lightened fly wheel, uprated/lightened con rods, forged pistons, metal gaskets, cam kits, your still only looking at a 20-30bhp increase, and running an engine like that will require a lot of routine servicing. best part of a couple of grand for such an increase isnt worth it unless you add a bolt on.

Bolt ons;

- Supercharger, belt driven and gives the added forced induction all the time, put a pound slot in the dash to helppay for fuel bills.

- Turbo, exhaust driven and opens up during heavier throttle, takes energy to create energy, fuel gauge will drop before your eyes.

Both these are very feasible but will cost a couple of grand at least. Your block will handle either but the head may not.

Nitrous - Either progressively controlled or full throttle activated. Cheap boost that lasts as long as a smile then the bottle needs refilling.

Swap in a 3S-GTE engine, do-able but very expensive and a teething nightmare, all that power in a fwd?? £2.5K for a good engine with warranty from fensport, plus fitting,plus diagnostics, plus fault finding and making it all work fwd, you will need suspension upgrades.

So, given all that, spend 4 grand and your car will begin to perform like a GT4.

Or, buy a GT4 and drive fast whenever you want to as per the manufacturers intentions.

any thoughts?

well dee you did ask :lol::lol::lol:

buy a GT4 and drive fast whenever you want to as per the manufacturers intentions.

Seconded. :D :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The de-cat pipe should increase hp levels of around 12hp, provided of course that your car’s engine is in good condition and you have an intake kit at the minimum. On its own without any other mods to your car, ie. If your car is totally standard, then you can expect around 6-8bhp - script taken from de cat pipe supplier. :thumbsup:

ive got a blitz induction, stainless powerflow backbox, its 91 import so no cat?. how much would this de cat pipe cost me, and what about a guestimate for my increases in bhp from standard?.

im gonna look into this

around £ 69 plus delivery

welcome mate

when runnnig a induction kit best thing to do is move Battery into boot then u got some space to actually get cold air into the engine bay as opposed to all the hot air its sucking in now.

I have a few plans which is gonna make mine faster than a gt4 and able to go drifting :ph34r:

just shopping for parts at mo

another cheap easy way is to get a superchip icon for 200 from fensport im getting one soon so ill psot up what its like meant to give u another 8bhp but a wider powerband

ed

Welcome matey. I go with all the above to make youre car faster lol!

Also driving downhills helps lol!! (sorry in a daft mood!!) :lol:

ive got a blitz induction, stainless powerflow backbox, its 91 import so no cat?. how much would this de cat pipe cost me, and what about a guestimate for my increases in bhp from standard?.

im gonna look into this

Mate, if your car already has no CAT, then there is no need to fit a de-cat pipe. ;)

The CAT was introduced to earlier than mid-92 (when they were introduced in the UK) models in japan, so have a look under yer motor to see if you have one :thumbsup:

the truth.

Decat, full stainless, induction kit wont give you any more horses mate. if it does, your looking at 5-6max. what it will do is improve throttle response i.e. the time it takes for air and fuel to reach the combustion chambers and for the waste produce to leave the exhaust. best part of a grand for placebo.

Even if you crack the engine open and spend considerably on uprated clutch, lightened fly wheel, uprated/lightened con rods, forged pistons, metal gaskets, cam kits, your still only looking at a 20-30bhp increase, and running an engine like that will require a lot of routine servicing. best part of a couple of grand for such an increase isnt worth it unless you add a bolt on.

Bolt ons;

- Supercharger, belt driven and gives the added forced induction all the time, put a pound slot in the dash to helppay for fuel bills.

- Turbo, exhaust driven and opens up during heavier throttle, takes energy to create energy, fuel gauge will drop before your eyes.

Both these are very feasible but will cost a couple of grand at least. Your block will handle either but the head may not.

Nitrous - Either progressively controlled or full throttle activated. Cheap boost that lasts as long as a smile then the bottle needs refilling.

Swap in a 3S-GTE engine, do-able but very expensive and a teething nightmare, all that power in a fwd?? £2.5K for a good engine with warranty from fensport, plus fitting,plus diagnostics, plus fault finding and making it all work fwd, you will need suspension upgrades.

So, given all that, spend 4 grand and your car will begin to perform like a GT4.

Or, buy a GT4 and drive fast whenever you want to as per the manufacturers intentions. 

any thoughts?

Fair play mate i see what you meen, i did actually have a GT4 RC a while ago and was well happy with it. A very strong motor with superb handling. But chopped it in on a Scoobie wrx sti which decided to self distruct and cost me a fortune to rebuild :crybaby: ...

Maybe get some cash together and find another GT4 RC but to be honest i have never seen another RC version????

Cheers for all you help guy`s

Dee1

Maybe get some cash together and find another GT4 RC but to be honest i have never seen another RC version????

Get your bum over to here. GT4OC I`m sure the guys will know of something. :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Dee1- you had my favourite celica :D

Theres a guy called mook who has a stunning RC in grey with gunmetal Castrol rally decals B)

It won this years celica-club.co.uk best gen5 award, have a look on the website for piccies ;)

Maybe get some cash together and find another GT4 RC but to be honest i have never seen another  RC version????

Dee1

loads of RC at GT4OC, some for sale recently aswell. You cant beat CS / RC looks. But the dark side has a strong force, ST205's are fast, but the worlds fastest celica (according to 1/4 mile stats added by those who confim such) is a 185 :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mate, if your car already has no CAT, then there is no need to fit a de-cat pipe. ;)

Nicely put, lol :)

Hi and welcome to the group Dee.

P.S. Dan - Snap!! Nice car, is yours an import?

What year and where ya based?

Having a meet this Sunday near Southampton, be good to see ya there :)

Suzi

Hi,

I've got a UK ST182- its a 1993 model.

Its changed a bit since ye olde piccy, got black multispoke 17's, its been lowered, sills are now colour keyed, clear indicators and a few other bits n bobs. On my second exhaust since then too :lol:

I'm based in the north west, live in lancs, grew up south manchester.

Can't make the meet this weekend I'm afraid, its a bit far, and besides I'm up at anglesey circuit for a track weekend, cheers for the offer though :thumbsup:

What spec is urs Suzi?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links