Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ignition Troubles

XkillerX

About 2 weeks ago i sat in my car in the middle of the night and it wouldnt start. All i got was a silent 'clack', and that's it. The lights, display, ice etc would work, but the engine wouldnt budge. The day after i managed to start up the car, after about the 7th or 8th ignition try. Went home and charged the Battery. Worked ok. Tomorrow morning wouldnt start either (managed to get going after 5 or 6 tries). Bought new Battery last week. Worked like a charm... until the morning. Went to a 'car-electrician' on friday. He measured everything. Tried this and that. Said that the car was perfect. Told me the only thing left to try was to remove the minus cable from the Battery and see what happens in the morning when i put it back on. Did that, car wouldnt start perfectly either.

I'm dazed and contused. help.

FInd another electrician! I think if you have a difficulty in cranking the engine every morning chances are:

1. There is something that is consuming the Battery overnights

2. Your Starter solonoid is at fault.

Resolution:

1. Remove the - Battery terminal after a days travel, in the morning, re connect the terminal: If it cranks ok and started fine then you have the #1 problem if not

you may have the #2 problem

Good luck!

• 9 months later...

This has been solved a looong time ago but i forgot to put it up for future reference. i dont know the precise name of the part in english, but apparently the "contact plates" were worn out completely. changed that, eerything works flawlessly now. took half an hour and 20 euros to fix it. man, couldnt believe that such a small thing can cause so many problems in the morning?!?! :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links