Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

What Can It Beat?!

minnnt_ts

er wtf is that?! i have absolutely no idead about anything like that lol... i always let sum1 else do it for me :)

Minnnt

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• minnnt_ts

• jaxx

• Matthew_McNally

• Yarisboy

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the method with which people 'chip' the VAG diesels. It's ***** easy and I've got all the maps for all the TDis on my laptop. If i had an eeprom writer I could re-program any VW 1.9 to 180bhp apparently!

It's the method with which people 'chip' the VAG diesels. It's ***** easy and I've got all the maps for all the TDis on my laptop. If i had an eeprom writer I could re-program any VW 1.9 to 180bhp apparently!

can you do it with the obd2 interfacE??

My dad has a seat ibiza 1.9tdi and if i can remap it, would definally appriecate it!!

Pllleeeaasse :D

'cheap chip' is talking about a simple EEPROM re-write...

Electronically Erasable Programmable Read Only Memory! I learned that in uni btw! :thumbsup:

And a Sera is a Toyota car with mad doors! :thumbsup:

y do people buy fast cars then? cos they know they can beat most other things...!!

my car has a 4.3 V8, 0-60 in a touch under 6 seconds.

You would beat me from the lights and a rolling start - because I simply would not be racing you.

Why do I have this car?

How about because I love the look of the car, how it drives, and the luxury of the interior?

Or the safety specification?

Or the reputation for reliability?

But also because its safer on the motorway.

Do a fair bit of motorway driving, and the cars power makes overtaking considerably easier and safer.

I can merge into a lane of faster flowing traffic very easily, as the car is powerful enough to pick up speed quickly.

In fact, I would go so far as to say my car is safer than yours in this situation.

One of my pet peeves is small engined cars pulling into a lane of faster traffic at 65 mph, simply because they cannot get up to speed fast enough.

that is sooooo mad... but i like it... :yes: and matthew... i dont go round lookin for people 2 race and i dont race away from traffic lights. if i knew this subject was gunna cause this much hassle i wudnt have bothered sayin anythin!! and if ur car goes to 60 in under 6 seconds then its rapid... and it wud b alot safer than mine.

Thanks

Minnnt

and matthew... i dont go round lookin for people 2 race and i dont race away from traffic lights.

never said you were mate.

but the entire premise of the thread is about what a yaris can beat in a race <_<

Hi

Couldnt help comment on this thread after reading through...

Im sorry to dissapoint but my Clio 1.5dci 100bhp would easily keep up with my girlfriends T Sport <_< And in gear times it would kill it!!

It all boils down to what you want out a car! Yes the clio does sound like a tractor! But it was bought for economy (70mpg) and cheap running costs (£85 a year road tax) but i still like driving the T sport, or the kit car we have. Petrols are the way to go when it come to driving fast on A roads or track days, I wouldnt have put a diesel in our GTM Spyder, BUT diesels ar not far behind...

Ian+caz

VAG diesels in particular rule, Specially T ones

They are very tuneable and just so damn torquey and powerful...

Cheers

Matt

Disiese-l! *cough* *cough*

Just kidding! Diesels are still seen like that though... dirty oil burners, like the crappy buses around leeds! Narsty! But, modern diesels are brill, cleaner in terms of C02, and far more torque, therefore more useable in everyday motoring, but id still rather have a petrol... dont do enough miles (motorway and other) to justify the cost of a diesel.

(P.S. My uncle has an Audi A4 Avant diesel 130bhp, and that thing is silent and darn quick... like M.Mcnally said... you notice the power on the motorways... no struggle, just very safe, surging power... Nice!

here's the dyno for our a4

106527-57719-audi_dyno.jpg

and a pic of the car

106465-19s%20on%20a4_2.jpg

dyno says 194bhp & 304torque, as it was done on the tuners rollers it's probably a little higher than it really is - could do with getting it on unbias rollers really - but regardless it's plenty fast enough for overtaking.

true the revs are short, but u don't have to change down from 4th or 5th to overtake fast - you get very lazy with the gears driving a diesel :)

believe it or not the remap actually made the engine quieter :o

and 40mpg can't be bad :D

true the revs are short, but u don't have to change down from 4th or 5th to overtake fast - you get very lazy with the gears driving a diesel :)

believe it or not the remap actually made the engine quieter :o

and 40mpg can't be bad :D

nah that is good!

but as you said you get lazier, so thats probably due to the low mileage, if you drove it like a petrol and steady then it would be more...

I get 44mpg on my yaris (petrol):D

My car was running at just under 15mpg and I was driving like a granny. Managed to get 19MPG last time and I was pleased!! :huh:

fuel economy!

now theres a distant memory :blink::rolleyes:

yeah :(

I am on first name terms with the local Shell staff - filling up once a week at the moment :(

fuel economy!

now theres a distant memory :blink::rolleyes:

yeah :(

I am on first name terms with the local Shell staff - filling up once a week at the moment :(

:lol::lol:

you think thats bad...

hows every three days, with a full tank :wacko:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links