Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fuel

T V O R

Went to Sainsbury’s the other day and the fuel was being delivered.

The tanker was all white. I went over to the driver to ask him about fuels at supermarkets and petrol stations, he promptly showed me his emblem on his uniform.................. BP! :thumbsup:

Same fuel folks, but in all fairness he did say the Ultimate is different with additional additives (and doesn’t have a shelf life) but the unleaded is basically the same.

Another point he made was that the Ultimate is 97ron at approximately .90p/.92p a litre (as an example) whereas the super unleaded which is also 97ron is approximately .2p more than the ordinary unleaded thus saving up to .5p a litre for possibly the same performance.

For those who collect Nectar Points, Sainsbury’s give you 2 points per £ spent. BP give you 1 point per litre, so basically you are doubling your points at Sainsbury’s.

Guess where I will be filling up in future?

:thumbsup:

I've always said that ultimate/optimax are not really all that, have poor shelf life and we are better off with regular super plus!!!! :P

Good to see slowly more and more people are beginning to realise this!!!!!!

Good Research fella :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Or just go to Europe and get 98 EVERYWHERE (my car loves the stuff - drinks it by the gallon).

Or just go to Europe and get 98 EVERYWHERE (my car loves the stuff - drinks it by the gallon).

aye aye

forced to use 95 on the way home, think the car cried :crybaby:

My mate used to work in a Sainsburys petrol station, the problem is they will just buy from whichever is the cheapest source.

This means that not only do they mix all sorts of different types of petrol with different levels of detergant and chemicals, but you could go in this week and get BP, while the next you'll get some dodgey unbranded crud.

It's a gamble, he's got so many stories of cars grenading themselves on the fourcourt that I won't touch supermarket petrol with a barge-pole! <_<

agreed

its like - Tesco Baked Beans and Heinz Baked Beans

its not quite the real thing

agreed

Good analogy :thumbsup:

Yea it is.

And the same principle I think, they buy from which ever company can supply for the cheapest price, so the product can vary wildly.

agreed

In that case, BP regular stuff it is then!

I’m sure I can afford the extra 3p a litre, it’s hardly going to break the bank.

it is important its alway the little things that ppl scrape on what sthe point on tuning ur car up then running it on poor grade petrol same with tyres always buy the best u can afford

Oops! My cars know of no brand other than "Tesco"... Surely its just all out of Grangemouth?

A

Went to Sainsbury’s the other day and the fuel was being delivered.

The tanker was all white. I went over to the driver to ask him about fuels at supermarkets and petrol stations, he promptly showed me his emblem on his uniform.................. BP! :thumbsup:

Nice one voice of reason :thumbsup: I will be using my Sainsbury’s from now on and see how the fuel economy goes

I had a friend who worked at morrisons petrol, and she said that all theirs was from ESSO. Mind you, im not sure that a trusted source as she got sacked after 2 months for being lazy!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links