Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Pants Places 2go For Car Work

corollags

Hey Guys.

Im fed up of having people who are supposedly proffesionals do really poor work to my car. I wanna try 2compile a database on here to name and shame these people and avoid others having the same problems. I'll start.

1. PAINTS PLUS - Cardiff. NEVER USE THEM :ffs:

Given the easy job of rubbing down and spraying my arches. Got the car back, they were sprayed but not rubbed down on the edge so they had painted over flaking paint. Also, rubbed through the paint then laquered on top on the rear quater.

Carlton Automotive, Barnsley

Shocking company, fitted a bodykit to my first car, a micra and made a real mess of it!

Such bumper fixings that were only held onto the arches on the front bumper and would basically blow off in the wind!

angle grinder on my bonnet and didn't rust seal it or paint over it when fitting my bonnet scoop, left dangerous sharp edges underneath expossed!

poor side skirt fitment and not level

Cut out my grill into 1 large hole and didn't even cut the lines straight!!!

This isn't a one off on a custom bodykit as I have seen loads of cars done by them with the same techniques used on made to fit bodykits. Workmenship is very poor in every case!.

Oddly enough I would recommend their paint spraying as that is excellent and about the only thing there good at!

Kev

Benfield Toyota in Wakefield (Outwood).

Took my car for a Service the other week and had to take it back 3 times because they knocked the wheels out of balance.

My sister baught a new shape Avensis from the same place about a week after all my troubles (had I known I would have told her to go elsewhere). The other day the car broke down. She phoned Benfields to ask for help and they told her to get lost and phone the RAC, even though she hand't yet received her club toyota car with the RAC number on it.

Whe the RAC man came, he discoverd the Battery wasn't fastened in (like it was just sitting there in the engine bay without the clamp attached). It's obvious they just took the car off the forecourt and never bothered to clamp the Battery back in. If they missed that on their safety inspection that they do before selling the car it makes you wonder what else they didn't do...

Watch out if you're insured with Elephant. Their approved repair centres are Allen Ford.

Nicola's MR2 had to go back three times and they still couldn't get it right - lost parts couldn't match the colour, paint runs, laquer bubbles, Used self tapping screws to hold bits in place...

Castle Coachworks in Northampton did a fanstastic job sorting it all out in the end and it only took 3 days not two months :thumbsup:

Coxon Toyota, Henley.

if you want parts they are perfect (apart from no gold discount)

if you want anything else done... don;t bother :thumbsup:

I'm sure that there was a 'Recommend a Dealer' type section here once, for just such a posting Maz. It's a good idea. Everyone knows of places NOT to go to.

Rich

Hartwell Toyota-Wolverhampton

had numerous attempts to spray my tte rear spoiler,they ruined the

factory fit one that was on my car when i brought it off them :censor:

managed to get it wrong every time :angry:

oil on roof lining from mechanics

after fitting my multiplay cd did not put panels back together correctly left

them loose

Their service dept are crap.

I'm sure that there was a 'Recommend a Dealer' type section here once, for just such a posting Maz. It's a good idea. Everyone knows of places NOT to go to.

Rich

Thank Rich, i will have a search, and lucky to say i hasnt had any problems with any bodyshops or dealers uptill now....touch wood....

Benfield Toyota in Wakefield (Outwood).

thats where i got my car from :!Removed!: :ph34r::blink::wacko:

seemed ok when i went, touch wood

sorted my handbrake out, the day i rung them...

I think dealers started adding onto the dealer review page themselves, which made it difficult to judge.

I'm looking for a dealer in Poole and am wondering wether to goto Mr T/L/AN Other. REcommendations will be gladly appreciated!!!

Hi,

Id just like to add on more dealer to the list.

LISTERS TOYOTA IN COVENTRY.... Bought my 04 Avensis from them(second hand) 4 months ago, it only came with one Key!! no mats and it had no fuel in it at all....all these thing were ment to be put right when i picked the car up....still not recieved any of the above!!....my Friend has also had the same problem with the Listers Group but not Toyota he bought his Passat From LISTERS VW IN COVENTRY AND HE SAYS THERE CUSTOMER SERVICE IS TERRIBLE WHICH I CAN UNDERSTAND AS THEY DONT CARE ABOUT THERE CUSTOMERS ONCE THEY HAVE HANDED OVER THE KEYS......I bought my 02 Avensis From the same Garage but was then under Henleys Toyota there service was EXCELLENT!!, COULD NOT FAULT THEM ONE BIT!

Anyway i hope this shames The "Listers Group"

RRG Accident Repair in Swinton, Manchester. Did a fantastic job of my car after my accident and they repaired it really quickly. They are part of the RRG Group who own the majority of Toyota dealers in the north west

Coxon Toyota, Henley.

if you want parts they are perfect (apart from no gold discount)

if you want anything else done... don;t bother :thumbsup:

best thing about parts in coxon is that its open all day on saturday (cheers for telling me Charlie) which is nice but the workshop is crap and sales are so fasr stuck up there own ..........................

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links