Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Arrogant Insulting Essex Plod

SexyCrayola

I drove Alex and my mate Paul all the way down to Bishop Stortford area ... errrrm place called Whitam to pick up a Calibra Turbo last night.

Nice car, rare colour, just needs new hoses and a gear box as 3rd is <I thought I could get past the swearing filter - what a sad muppet I am eh?>ed and at £1200 was worth doing. Paintwork might be knackered but Paul whos bought it owns a bodyshop and has a sweeet calibra that hes stripping to put bits on it so no odds to him.

Anyway, started the return trip at about 10:30. I was following it up in my celica.

Coming up the M11 the water warning light came on and the temperature SHOT up in the calibra so stopped immediately right by the 1mile to J10 A505 sign.

I put my celica a good distance ahead of the calibra so that they could come to my car and I called the AA to come get it as I am the only one with AA, green flag etc etc coverage that I pay for every year and never used until now.

Literally 5 mins later a police range rover thing pulled up ahead of me. P reg - ending 'FEV'.

I was sat in the back at that point sorting the AA, alex was in the front ready to go get my celica out of there for me.

Policeman walks up to alex who was sat in my driver seat and as expected and not minded came out a lecture on road safety while the other scowers my car and checks it out (course finds naff all wrong which is the way I like it so dont care)

What I DO mind is that he was a total *****!!!!!!!

'Listen Son' he says =- demeaning jobswoth comment if I ever heard one.

We told him the AA had just been called and funny enough the AA rang back at that point to confirm arrival time.

Policeman says I dont care and wether the calibra is broken down or not it will be removed at YOUR cost within 2 hours!

He says its ILLEGAL to break down at the side of the road, its not a good enough reason to be there regardless of the arrangement for it to be picked up.

Ok, just why is there a hard shoulder huh? :huh:

is it legal if next time the car breaks down and stays in the fast lane then huh?! ... come on, I dont get it

He also said, if the celica is there in the next 10 minutes he would be back to 'deal with YOU accordingly, son'

:censor: :ffs: :ffs:

I must say I have never EVER in my life had to meet such a complete and utter arrogant ***** who is so far up his policemans hat that doesnt realise I am the same age as him and alex is younger. We were all polite, respectful and compliant, and there is NO NEED for a total utter **** ***** attitude that this man had.

I REALLY dont have a problem with policing and some of the initial safety rant was expected and fair enough, but was way way off and he really was out of order :( . I have been fortunate enough that any police on duty that have encountered wether being in right or wrong have bee professional - am gutted I had the unfortunacy to encounter this one

..He says its ILLEGAL to break down at the side of the road...

Sorry Ociffer, Ill make sure I break down in the centre next time.. *****

Pure power trip.. :arrgg-matey:

should have taken his number and reported him. sounds like a complete door handle.

nice avitar by the way :D

what reg is it

Welcome to the Essex Police. They are pretty well known for the sort of behaviour you describe. Only ones worse are Avon and Somerset.

Welcome to the Essex Police. They are pretty well known for the sort of behaviour you describe. Only ones worse are Avon and Somerset.

:eek: NOT going there then. You mean that they would have been even arsier and nicked me regardless of fact doing nothing wrong?...... Am so, so sorry but if that was the case, my temper would have shot up / thread broke and that would have been it.

You may find this interesting, a reply I answered on my other club forum:

carlos wrote:

rather odd copper imho, i realise there is no stoppingon the motorway but if you break down, you break down. he didnt need to act all ubiky but i understand the lecture as it is a bit dangerous to have 2 cars parked on a motorway when only 1 is needing recovery.....

Yes and thats my point. We were about 40 yds in front of the calibra, hazards on , engine running, handbrake off and ready to Go, looking in the mirrors and all demisted......

We were calling for recovery and ready to go.

The calibra would have got hit first and we were all well ahead of it.

In the end the guy said the calibra had to be attended otherwise would be taken away ignoring fact of AA's impending arrival. SO, he made it so 'I' HAD to be there in an obviously more dangerous position waiting in the freezing cold and a calibra with dying Battery and in the end dead hazard lights. Gods sake, what if we didnt all have charged mobile phones and each others numbers then!

He just didnt give a flying **** at all - ears sewn up and was a ***** - quite simple

They are not very nice to their doggies either - see extract from HM inspectorate on Essex police -

''The department has handled over 1,200 letters of complaint received following the arrest of officers in the dog section on charges of cruelty. Her Majesty’s Inspector has also received correspondence on the matter and is aware of how strongly feelings are held about this issue. Considerable effort will have to be made to restore the standing of the Force with the community''.

Instead of hassling you perhaps they should concentrate on getting 'real' dangerous vehicles off the road - a further extract from the HM report explains -

''Given the commitment to generating intelligence Her Majesty’s Inspector is disappointed to note that there has been a reduction in co-operation during the year with the Vehicle Inspectorate who have cancelled twenty planned road-checks due to lack of available support from the Force''

I was actually surprised by how pleasant the two policemen were when I was stoppped for speeding. No sarcasm, no Nigel Mansell references, no lecture.

Actually made me glad I'd been caught fair and square by genuine policemen rather than a camera.

Admittedly this was by Highland Constabulary (covering an area the size of Belgium) and not in Essex...

A

Only ones worse are Avon and Somerset.

Very very true! Policeman talking to my other half, we were pulled on way home on a foggy evening.

PC Plod : Evening son, what are those (pointing to fog lights)

Nick : Ummmmm they are foglights officer

PC Plod : And why have you got them switched on? Is it cos you think it makes you car look sporty?

Nick : No officer, they are switched on as its foggy.

PC Plod : Well let this be a warning to you. Evening (walks back to car)

Most plods you meet on streets and on road are ok tho, its the a*seholes who deal with burglarys etc round here that are the worst :censor:

Some are like that unfortunately.. Chances are they are car fans (or die hard ford lovers that dislike jap cars lol) and can;t afford a decent car, they see young people with nice cars amd they try and prove that they are the "big man" and they are in someway superior to us. in this case shouting "I pay your wages mr so back off" are not reccomended

I got pulled over a bit back purely for the fact that the guy wanted to look over my car (supra)

He asked to lift the bonnet I asked why (if he'd said to check the VIN, fair enough) he said just do it, so I did... I open it he made various "cor" noises and said "thats all in order then started phoning in about me car..

Then gave me loads of abuse about my private plate not being legal (it is).. and was trying to tell me how he can do me for this and that (recent numberplate swapo and the DVLA databases has not been updated)

What REALLY annoyed me is a freind of mine heard him boastin in the pub the next night.. how great his new job is and how on his first night out he pulled a flash car, because he could, and wanted a nose around :ffs: :ffs: :ffs:

GGGGGGRRRRRRRRR

"little people" like them drive me mad!!!!

Fortunately its only a small percentage of coppers... which compared to the large percentage of total tossers with modified cars is not bad...

P.S. get the 4x4 transfer box checked on the Cally, usually the first thing to go!!! make sure the light lights up on system check when you turn the ignition on as the usual trick is to take the bulb out when they do!!!!

It wouldn't have happened if you didn't go buy a calibra :P :P :D (JK)

Seriously now...

That sucks.

I hope you guys got back norf OK soon after though :thumbsup:

up here its the bulgarys detectives ectera that are useless..

when my brothers wheels goit nick, they scarpered and left the jack, so they told us not to touch it, well be round to take some finger prints, about threes days later they did, after rain snow, sun and all other weather....nah cant find owt on em...

doh.....

Once my brother got beat up as he walked home, all his mates were with him and they saw iut happen, a bloke walked out of a gold punto, ran up hit my brother numerous times and got back in.

The licence plate was noted by peers, so when detective came round, he asked for friends details etc and he would investigate it.

He did nothing, and the fact that ubikes us off that it could have been an easy procescution, we are talking about a 30 year man hitting a 15 year old.

Numerous times we have been burgled and when they come round they say they cant do anything. but they left the lawn mower as neighbour startled them, so its likely there may have been fingerprints...

"No, they wont have fingerprints"

Why not?

"theyll have used gloves"

So they didnt even check :ffs:

On the good side, must have passed thousands of coppers with a loud exhaust and blue sidelights, and they have not pulled me once...

i reguallary park up outside a police station with coppers walking by and they have not harrased me once. :D

hit or miss with police i reckon, been pulled over with some of the best coppas and the worst, once pulled over in newcastle and had a good laugh/***** take with cops that stopped me, but worst cop i had was when i was in mr2 and he really looked down his nose at me, askin how i can afford a car like this! got me really wound up but i think he was just doin it so he could have summit on me, i just asked him if he was done? when he finally checked the tyres, tax disk, lights, and had a walk round he said i could go, i think it wound him up more by me smiling and sayin thank you and that hes doin the community a great service by stopping cars! complete and utter ubik!

as for the cop that stopped u, he could have given u a producer at the most, as for the calibra, as long as there is someone by the car then he cant have it removed, there is no time limit on how long the car can be there but they can fine you if its there an "excessive" amount of time, think he was sayin 2 hrs so he could impose a fine.

I was once coming back from town at 2am in the morning.

I am completely T Total so was not in any way drunk, and I dont smoke - anything.

Coming out of a dual carrageway tunnel, on a bend I see a police car parked in the inside lane, so I indicate and pull into the outside lane and pass him.

next thing I know hes up my ***** and pulls me over.

He was a right tos**r. He looked around the car and found nothing wrong at all. Game me a huge lecture on why he pulled me over for 'passing him too closely'.

When I was perfectly amicable with him after this, he seemed to get quite annoyed that I hadnt swore at him at all, so accused me of being on drugs as my pupils were large or some bu****it. He kept saying this over and over and got his partner to look into my eyes also.

They then spoke some absolute bo**oks going something like:

Plod 1: 'Look into his eyes'

Plod 2: 'His pupils are dilated'

Plod 1: 'Code 3214?

Plod 2: 'Hmmmm'

Plod 1: 'Inconclusive'

I offered to take both drug and drink tests. They told me that wouldnt B necesary and that I could go. I doubt they would have done this if they really thought I was high!!! :ffs:

Ive had a few encounters with police pulling me over and most of them seem cool guys.

My opinion of the force is gradually falling however due to tos**rs as described above. :!Removed!:

If you complain and they are local plod, all yo do is flag yourself... no real harm done with me, just caused me to fume and swear fora bit and he gave me a producer... -at least they know my car is cocha now!!!

I called up last summer when I had SEEM someone bash their door into the side of my car.... I chassed after him yelling but he booted it.. but I got his number.. called the police, they were not interested :angry: same week the did my mum for doing 34 in a 30....... clearly thats FAR more dangerous!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links