Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Side Skirts

fire_fly

Hi. just joined this site, i got a lexus is200,(yes a Lexus is200) & bought some side skirts(non toyota/lexus, same ones as from upauto.co.uk) but made for a lexus is200. i join lexusownersclub later, their site is down right at this minute & will be for few hours, before i even joined up!!worst of times or what!!

anyway back to topic

what price would i be looking at to get side skirts sprayed up & fitted? i never had these fitted before & dont wanna get ripped of cos im new to this!

thanks!

40+ view posted last night, LOTS of owners here with of modified cars & not a reply, simple question really for some. oh well i get me answer anyhow but elsewhere. moderator please unsubcribe me from this forum!

40+ view posted last night, LOTS of owners here with of modified cars & not a reply, simple question really for some. oh well i get me answer anyhow but elsewhere. moderator please unsubcribe me from this forum!

Maybe because the people that viewed Dont know? i dont know but i viewed your post :blink:

Look for "Envy" in the supra section.. should be able to help you out with some top notch work :thumbsup:

what a childish reply!? :blink:

And u wonder how arguements start??? :ffs:

Nothing good to say don't say it at all!

Nah, it makes ya feel better.... if I followed that rule, I'd be mute!!! :D :thumbsup:

Spraying about £100 .. and a few hours fitting .. I'd say £150 all in .. but depends on your colour.

And posting something @ 8pm and then not having a reply @ 10am .. don't worry .. most people sneek on here while at work. Just chill.

Spraying about £100 .. and a few hours fitting .. I'd say £150 all in .. but depends on your colour.

And posting something @ 8pm and then not having a reply @ 10am .. don't worry .. most people sneek on here while at work. Just chill.

well said that man :)

Also there are 2 ways in which side skirts can be fitted...

method 1

Side skirts cut and shut to fit, holes drilled in the top of sill and bolted together at either end of the arch. Looks ok but your left with holes in the top of the sill which are usually held on by no more then self tapping screws.

method 2

The fitter should be skilled in the art of fibreglassing and will make up a sill plate mould behind the skirts which will fit underneath on your sills like a glove, this can be sealed with tiger seal or similiar and bolted either end of the arch. The top of the skirt will fit flush to the top of the sill and no nasty self tapping screws required.

Personally from past experience I'd go with method 2, just incase you want to remove the skirts for any reason and your not left with holes in the top of the sill to cover up and the fitment is soo much better!

As Bibbs says around £100 for spraying depending on the paint code, then around £50-£100 for fitting.

Kev :thumbsup:

Fair comment ... <_<

Ive been told...

The G6R sideskirts fittd to my Rolla cost £200 for paintng and fitting.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links