Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Would You Mix Tyres

dudeone

Hi,

Looking for some :help:

I am looking to replace my tyres which are on std alloys, most places ive tried dont seem to do full set matched tyres and if they do the price shoots up to sill money :eek:

I can get say Fronts

Kumho 712 £54 a pr

and rears say:

Hankook Ventus K102 112.80 a Pr

But when you try getting a complete set matched your looking at a full set of Toyo Proxes T1-S's £250 and Hankook don’t seem to do the Ventus K102's in the fronts and Kumho's are hard to get hold of for a full set as its difficult to get the rears.

Anyone know why this is and what's your thoughts about missing the makes, I would never mix them on the same axle, I just wonder what the handling will be like as each tyre will have different break away and gip characteristics.

So basically what does everyone do about tyres?

Dave

If I remember when the MK2 MR2 came out it was on Yokohama's all round why not go for a set of these.

You will find the handling a lot better. Plus I find Yokohama last as well as any other tyre if car is driven sensibly.

there are some cracking deals on sport contact conties at the mo, got them all round on my sooop for £550. very good tyre in the dry and the wet.

worth getting some prices mate, or have u thought about grabing a alloy/tyre package for the car? some good deals in fast car mag at the mo. checkout the envypreformance web site. got a good deal on alloys for a mr2 at the mo.

hopefully ive been of some help.

baz ;)

there are some cracking deals on sport contact conties at the mo, got them all round on my sooop for £550. very good tyre in the dry and the wet.

worth getting some prices mate, or have u thought about grabing a alloy/tyre package for the car? some good deals in fast car mag at the mo. checkout the envypreformance web site. got a good deal on alloys for a mr2 at the mo.

hopefully ive been of some help.

baz ;)

Hi,

Thanx for that mate I am going take a look and see what's on offer. :thumbsup:

Cheers Dave

i just sold my old st202 wheels and tyres today, 20 minutes later i gets a nail in my front tyre on the gt4 , unfortunately right on the shoulder of the tyre wall and unfixable with a patch , had to Shell out on a new tyre .ffs in 1 hand out with the other - my luck all over.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links