Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Speaker Grills

sbrager

I've got some new Speakers for my 1996 Camy but I can't figure out how to get the rear speaker grills off. They may be held on by clips. If so, they're holding tight.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks;

Stan

if there anything like the ones in the lexus..there actually riveted to the parcel shelf...you will need to remove the parcel shelf cover.......and the grillls will come of with it............

I attempted to remove the parcel shelf cover to remove the rear speaker grills in order to replace the Speakers. It is certainly a big job. I don't believe that this is the way to go for the Camry.

When I let the back seats down, I found 2 screws which held the cover down. I also found a small clip in the trunk which held down the cover. With these items out of the way, the cover would not budge mainly due to the rear seat "posts". There was no simple way to move these posts out of the way of the cover.

I'm back to square 1 except that I have learned some new things about my Camry.

Do you have any further advice?

Thanks;

Stan

SuperCharged;

You were right after all. But it took a collaborate effort to succeed. In case others may have the same problem removing the Camry's rear speaker grill, here's the procedure:

1) remove the rear seat bench (it's held in by clips and friction and comes out easily).

2) lower the backs of the rear seat. There's a button in the back of the back which releases the back.

3) remove the seat posts near the doors. There is a bolt at the bottom of each post which must be removed. Next, push the post upwards to disengage it from the car.

4) There are 2 screws on the rear seat parcel shelf (hidden by the seat backs) which must be removed. NOTE: these may be covered by a protective plastic cover which can be popped off.

5) Remove the plastic cover to the stop light on the parcel shelf cover. It's held in place by plastic clips. This may be tricky to do the first time, but it's not difficult.

6) Remove the 2 bolts holding the stop light assembly.

7) Carefully remove the parcel shelf cover. This will take some strength, care, and patience but it will come out.

Now you can get to the the rear Speakers in order to replace them. Re-install the parcel shelf cover by reversing the order of the steps.

The entire process will take about 30 minutes the first time you do it.

Thanks again for your help. You gave me the clue to the solution of this problem.

Stan

• 6 months later...

Hey there...

I got to step 4... hidden screws?... bolts holding on rear brake assembly?...

I have a 98 Camry, maybe it's different?...

I could really use some assistance here... my car is in bits and pieces... hehe.

I have the seat out, the side posts out and a piece of plastic behind the left back seat removed... everything else is intact.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links