Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Yaris Top Speed

yaris_pt

Hey ppl!

I would like to start this topic on Yaris top speed just to see the differences between the engines.

I have a 1.0 and I don't know how fast it goes cos the speedometer only goes till 199 kmh!!! After this, the car just goes a bit more till red line.

1st - 51 kmh (32 mph)

2nd - 92 kmh (57 mph)

3rd - 134 kmh (83 mph)

4th - 171 kmh (106 mph)

5th - 199 kmh (124 mph)

Unfortunatelly, some months ago, I had the cance to see and know that my speedometer was not so wrong as I thought it was!! The police radar just cought me on the highway going at 189,47 kmh (real speed!)... :ph34r:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• earpl

• clarky

• tim220171

• seveer unaek

I think Terminal Velocity is around 180mph. But to achieve this you need around a mile or more clear from aircraft to ground to drop the car minus parachute.

The engine shouldn't matter in this case, but if you chuck a few bricks in the boot the speed should be reached a little bit sooner. :lol:

TS off the clock @ 120

registers as a genuine 111mph in two forms of GPS tracking ;)

Off course all these speeds are attempted on a race track and not public roads Officer.

No-one on TOC condones speeding at any time. :thumbsup:

Not a Yaris but...

VW Polo, Official Top Speed 94mph.

I got 102mph out of it. I put it down to speedo inaccuracies.

110mph in a starlet on a motorway in middle of night ..1.3...a few years back...about 100 mph in a 1litre yaris at the beginning of this year i dont normally do these speeds all the time just once off

well maxed mine at 1.0 @ 116mph *off road, of course*, shame it dont have enough power to pull it to red line in 5th! :blink:

1.0 GS 104mph on clock 96MPH by GPS

Yeah, sounds about right seeing as that's exactly what Toyota says it is... 96mph.

I got mach 2 out of mine but then it was strapped to the wing of an SR71 Blackbird at the time. :yes:

vmails will do twice the speed of any on here!!  :lol:

Do you know? That's exactly what I thought as soon as I read the thread title!

I was thinking of going the NOS route but it's very expensive. Do you think hairspray would work OK? :thumbsup:

I think Terminal Velocity is around 180mph. But to achieve this you need around a mile or more clear from aircraft to ground to drop the car minus parachute.

The engine shouldn't matter in this case, but if you chuck a few bricks in the boot the speed should be reached a little bit sooner. :lol:

Irrelevant how heavy the object falling is..adding bricks won't make it fall faster, all down to wind resistance as to what falls faster than something else.

If you chuck a feather and a bowling ball out of a plane..they would both hit mother earth at the same time....if you remove the air.....

Also terminal Velocity is dependant on the object.... ie a parachutist falling would reach around 150mph..... but if you open his parachute....well it's a tad slower...

Again a marble would have a high terminal velocity than a yaris, as there's less air resistance

Edit...ah yes...doh. if we account for air resistance...then yes..adding weight without changing the external characterisitcs will lead to a higher Terminal Velocity.

Vipes

Yes, another physics man in the house.

Doing A-Level at the moment myself.

Been a few years since I did that....the Anti-gravity..and anti-air resistance switches on the side of the white boards...always came in very usefull when doing calculations...bit of a :censor: when you turn them back on!!

Nice to see someone studying something usefull....!

Been a few years since I did that....the Anti-gravity..and anti-air resistance switches on the side of the white boards...always came in very usefull when doing calculations...bit of a :censor: when you turn them back on!!

haha! two like minded fellows :D

i have an HND in mechanical physics, principles and thermodynamics, perhaps we can have a geeky convo one day :lol:

back on topic --------->

haha! two like minded fellows :D

i have an HND in mechanical physics, principles and thermodynamics, perhaps we can have a geeky convo one day :lol:

back on topic --------->

Handy to know we got Boffins on the forum. :D :D :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links