Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Lucida

jic704global

Hello Everyone

I have a Toyota Lucida and it's start displaying "Oil Change" light on the dashboard. Could anyone please tell me what does this mean. I am thinking

it might mean a service is due or something.

Please HELP.

Thanks

This light normally comes on at 5,000Km intervals. After you've done your oil change, remove the black plug in the fascia and push the button behind it to re-set the light for another 5,000Km. :thumbsup:

Yes, that's what it's for! Change oil & filter & re-set light. :bookworm:

The light will also come on if there is too much oil, but I guess that if you haven,t changed your oil recently then it is indicating a low oil level.

www.bbcspares.com supply all the filters for very reasonable prices.

The light will also come on if there is too much oil,

Ah!! That's a different warning light. :( The oil change light is the one we're talking about here, what you're referring to is the oil level warning light. :bookworm: That one comes on steady if the level is too low or flashes if the level is too high (which sometimes happens on pre-'95 cars if they have the oil top-up system and it over-fills the sump). :hokus-pokus:

Yep sorry mate my mistake. I don't recall seeing this oil change light - my wife drives the estima - is it on all models? Mine is '95.

I don't recall seeing this oil change light - is it on all models? Mine is '95.

That's a good question. There were a few changes in '95 like removal of the oil top-up system and the turbo function & warning lights but I don't think the oil change light got deleted. Is there a black plug in the instrument screen with a push button behind it? If so, that's to re-set the oil change warning and I would assume you therefore have the warning light. It's factory-set to 5,000Km but I gather you can change that so yours may not yet have illuminated depending how many miles you've done in yours. Don't worry about the wife not spotting it, once it's on it stays on until re-set or the bulb blows! :lol:

Yes mine is the newer version without the turbo lights and top-up tanks ABS and airbags.

I can't picture the black plug now will have to look tomorrow (in work until 11pm tonight). She has done about 7000kms now so i guess is due an oil change.

Everything always comes at once doesn't it, both my vehicles tax were due this month, lost the m.o.t. for the Estima and couldn't get a duplicate (valid until may) so had to m.o.t both vehicles, both passed with flying colours thankfully. The Mondeo is now due a service and I really ought to get the cambelt checked on the Estima and get an oil change at the same time.

Still could be worse I suppose, I could own a Renault!! :P

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links