Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Honda Style Push Start

Leeky

Should i replace my normal key start with a nice red start button?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should i replace my normal key start with a nice red start button?

• Yes
    • No

Thinking of ditching the standard key start and getting a Honda Style big red push start button.

What does everyone think?

button_start.jpg

:thumbsup:

As long as it is well done and dosent look stuck on or a loose wire :P

Gonna mount it in the hole where the key start was and get one as close to the hole size as i can to make it look flush and stock looking :thumbsup:

Errm, I was under the impression that you still needed to turn the key to ign and then press the 'start' button to activate the engine? :blink:

Go for it..

"honda style"

Has the world got so bad people associate these things with honda??

My dads 1924 renault has a push start, it was an optional extra to go along side the crank handle :lol::lol:

Go DB9 stlye dude.... backlit cut crystal :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Errm, I was under the impression that you still needed to turn the key to ign and then press the 'start' button to activate the engine?

Hummm, hope not as that defeats the object of fitting it :unsure:

Has the world got so bad people associate these things with honda??

I said Honda dude because thats the style i want :lol::thumbsup: I know they didnt invent the button but you gotta love the look of the honda button :D

Errm, I was under the impression that you still needed to turn the key to ign and then press the 'start' button to activate the engine?

But surely, If a twocer were to smash a window and press the big red 'start' button.. *Bye bye car*.. :huh:

They would still have to disable the immobiliser which is on the remote, not in the key like more modern Toyota's. So no they wouldnt be able to steal it.

But anyway i've been reading up on them and it looks like i still need the key to switch the ignition on before i can press the button :crybaby:

Unless i can figure out a way to get around this its a waste of time, i may as well just use the key <_<

Unless i can figure out a way to get around this its a waste of time, i may as well just use the key  <_<

Yeah, true..

How about relocating the ignition?

that would be a little bad for security then then cos if they want to nick it they just need to push the button

How about relocating the ignition?

What do you mean? :unsure:

that would be a little bad for security then then cos if they want to nick it they just need to push the button

Nah they wont, just been talking about this. They will need to turn off the immobiler first and to do that they need my remote :thumbsup:

Yeah i wanted rid of it all together :( Oh well...i guess i'll forget about it then :lol::thumbsup:

Yeah i wanted rid of it all together  :(  Oh well...i guess i'll forget about it then  :lol:  :thumbsup:

Apart from making the switch permanent ignt, I dont know :lol: , plus i'd want to be armed to the teeth just in case.

Did Jim not have one of these for sale a wee while ago? Why not find out what he had intended to do with it?

A

But surely, If a twocer were to smash a window and press the big red 'start' button.. *Bye bye car*.. :huh:

Apparently they are very easy to pull out as well (the button from the surround) which makes it a piece of pish to get to the ignition cabling...vah vah voom hot wire...

We got one of those, but resold it as we needed the cig lighter thing for things

:wacko: you still have to turn the key on for it to become live, They do look the dogs :censor: Get one bought.. :drool:

hows this for a cool idea... remove the ignition barrel and rewire it so you have to turn the lock in the glove box to make the push button live ( i assume you mean the type of on/off button as in the new laguna),,, if done right NO half wit car-jacker will EVER think of doing this ;)

hows this for a cool idea... remove the ignition barrel and rewire it so you have to turn the lock in the glove box to make the push button live ( i assume you mean the type of on/off button as in the new laguna),,, if done right NO half wit car-jacker will EVER think of doing this ;)

Is that possible?

If so thats an awesome idea :)

cant see why it wouldnt be possible.... theres a quarter turn in the lock so by adding contacts it should be easy enough to wire the ignition that way and by remoging the ignition from the steering column theres no steering lock ... whick could mean they could tow the car away and work at it at their leisure lol

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links