Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help With Tns300 (eta)

RockyRav

Ive got a new XT3 with a TNS300ETA Satnav. Its the small screen satnav. So far, so good but im having a lot of trouble finding individual streets. When I do the search on the letters, I get options for streets but it seems that I can never find the street that I want listed there in the possible options.

Am I doing something wrong?

I don't have SatNav in my RAV4 but from past experience (in a French car) I'd recommend you check the following:

1) Are the streets you are looking for on a map - they are unlikely to be in the satnav files if not.

2) Are the streets new streets in a new estate - they are probably not listed yet if they are.

3) Are you using the name you know the street by or the name on the street sign - some times streets are called by unofficial names.

4) The most important, do you have the latest version of the satnav dvd.

Also as a tip, when I was a service engineer I used to ask the name of the street the customer was on, and the name of the street their street was off just in case their street was not listed. It proved to be very useful on more than one occation :)

Good luck.

I don't have SatNav in my RAV4 but from past experience (in a French car) I'd recommend you check the following:

1) Are the streets you are looking for on a map - they are unlikely to be in the satnav files if not.

yes.

2) Are the streets new streets in a new estate - they are probably not listed yet if they are.

no - theyve been around for ages.

3) Are you using the name you know the street by or the name on the street sign - some times streets are called by unofficial names.

official name - these are well known streets.

Well i should imagine so, I only got the vehicle a week ago.

I wouldn't bet on it. When I had my other car, I registered the SatNav as soon as I got it. Within a week a new DVD arrived. When I checked, my original dvd was well out of date. I guess it comes down to the car company being supplied in bulk by the DVD suppier and it sitting on a shelf for ages!

Only other thiing you can do is ask the dealer for help :eek:

• 1 month later...

I wouldn't bet on it. When I had my other car, I registered the SatNav as soon as I got it. Within a week a new DVD arrived. When I checked, my original dvd was well out of date. I guess it comes down to the car company being supplied in bulk by the DVD suppier and it sitting on a shelf for ages!

Only other thiing you can do is ask the dealer for help :eek:

If you don't initially set up your 'Home' location, where you can select the country, then it defaults to Austria. You need to set it up for United Kingdom. I had the same trouble when I first fitted mine.

Good Luck :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links