Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Superchargers?

vitzpower

Hi all,

I am looking into fitting a Mini Cooper Supercharger into my T-Sport. Can anyone give me more info as to how and where the supercharger can be installed into my engine bay and what other mods I will need to have, i.e. new ECU, Re-map, etc, etc....?

Thanks in advance for any help... :thumbsup:

Earpl is planning on doing this (I think he still is :D )..

Im sure he'll be on later to help you out :thumbsup: .. Not a simple job

:ph34r: ................................................................. :D

YO!!! yes i am indeed fitting one, and i warn you its not going to be an easy job.

the charger needs to be mounted, mostlikely a new inlet manifold, the relocation of the alternator, a belt runner making to take the belt around the engine mount.

if not a new inlet it needs the eaton outlet modifying to be more low profile, it also needs all the pipe work doing.

then theres the case of belt relyability. for it to run reliable it will need to run on a 6V belt. which will require the crank, alternator and airconditioning pullys taken off and having wider ones made. but you could run on a 3V belt but theres the chance of the belt snapping and stalling the engine out. i will be taking the chance, but to me its not a problem to carry a coulpe of belts a n spanners. and changing at the side of the road :P

as for ecu, a remap might pull it off. but theres a big chance it will need a new ECU. ive tried to get bits off TTE but they wont sell individual parts but the contingency plan is a TTE super charger for 2300 pounds.

i will be having a couple of kits made at the time.

hope this helps

.......................................................... :bye:

:ph34r: ................................................................. :D

YO!!! yes i am indeed fitting one, and i warn you its not going to be an easy job.

the charger needs to be mounted, mostlikely a new inlet manifold, the relocation of the alternator, a belt runner making to take the belt around the engine mount.

if not a new inlet it needs the eaton outlet modifying to be more low profile, it also needs all the pipe work doing.

then theres the case of belt relyability. for it to run reliable it will need to run on a 6V belt.  which will require the crank, alternator and airconditioning pullys taken off and having wider ones made. but you could run on a 3V belt but theres the chance of the belt snapping and stalling the engine out. i will be taking the chance, but to me its not a problem to carry a coulpe of belts a n spanners. and changing at the side of the road :P

as for ecu, a remap might pull it off. but theres a big chance it will need a new ECU. ive tried to get bits off TTE but they wont sell individual parts but the contingency plan is a TTE super charger for 2300 pounds.

i will be having a couple of kits made at the time.

hope this helps

.......................................................... :bye:

Thanks for the reply, Earlp.

Blimey Charlie!! That is a lot of work! :wacko: Good luck, I think everyone on TOCYF will be watching your progress.

When do you think you will start?

I think everyone on TOCYF will be watching your progress.

Haha, can't bail out now dude :thumbsup:

Looks like I've unwittingly committed myself :P

Maybe I can do it the easy way and get a Blitz 'pre-made' one ;)

I think everyone on TOCYF will be watching your progress.

Haha, can't bail out now dude :thumbsup:

Looks like I've unwittingly committed myself :P

Maybe I can do it the easy way and get a Blitz 'pre-made' one ;)

or TTE check out kimi's garage or her post

To find out what's involved with fitting superchargers get hold of "Supercharged! Design, Testing and Installation of Supercharger Systems" by Corky Bell published by Bentley Publishers. ISBN 0-8376-0168-1 Very interesting reading. It's not just a case of bolting it on where it will fit. Good luck if you go ahead.

Which ones better? Blitz or TTE? Which ones cheaper? Which one gets more oomph.

They give about the same powers but the TTE comes with a 3 year warranty

IF fitted by TTE or toyota dealer,and also comes with the TTE ecu thats for the

british yaris.

TTE also will have hiden charges vat/delivery and you still gotta get the ecu set.

my advice get them to do it and its a trip you'll never forget :yes:

Cool. Can you sort it out from your Toyota dealer then? And they start the ball rolling?

:lol::lol::lol: tryed that route first before TTE trip....after many calls to dealers

conversation went bit like this with all of them exept one

ME...how much to fit a supercharger?

TOYOTA DEALER...eemmm whats a supercharger :blink: ?

the one dealer that knew what one was quoted 2 days work and about £1200

labour :eek:

i called TTE soon after :lol::thumbsup:

Well hopefully Envy will be able to offer a super charger for the Yaris in the near future. I am just in the process of hooking something with TTE, we will see how it goes.

I am also working on a few other new products. I completed a mockup cold air intake for the T-sport at the weekend which I am now sending away to be replicated and I am also close to offering a performance exhaust system including a sport cat. I will be testing the emisions of the new system over the next 2 weeks to see how it performs.

Kevin

Well hopefully Envy will be able to offer a super charger for the Yaris in the near future. I am just in the process of hooking something with TTE, we will see how it goes.

I am also working on a few other new products. I completed a mockup cold air intake for the T-sport at the weekend which I am now sending away to be replicated and I am also close to offering a performance exhaust system including a sport cat. I will be testing the emisions of the new system over the next 2 weeks to see how it performs.

Kevin

Hurry Kev, my Yaris has learnt to walk, now needs to run - FAST!....Oh please can you also do the supercharger for cheaper that £2k? :rolleyes:

Kimi, I know what you mean about Toyota UK. Absolutely useless!! :P I remember asking whether they would help me fit my Blitz Nur Spec exhaust and they looked at me as if I spat at them!! :D Also, when I phoned to ask them whether they could help me fit my Strut brace and they were...'What's a strut brace? What does it do?' :lol: Can't help but laugh!

Kevin

Oh cool! .. Got any pics of the cold air intake and is it a whole induction system or something that will complement existing induction kits like that Apexi? :D

Anyway keep up the good work and cant wait to hear from you soon as i'm sure everyone one else will want the info asap too! :lol::thumbsup:

kevin have you tried contacting prolexUK??? than can do the charger (TTE) inc VAT and postage for £2300. which isnt bad for the full kit........

kevin have you tried contacting prolexUK??? than can do the charger (TTE) inc VAT and postage for £2300. which isnt bad for the full kit........

Sound good :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links