Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bull/ Nudge/a Bars

ulysse

Sorry if this has been debated/posted before, but after reading about the insurance quote being higher for putting bars on the front, I still wish to buy a set :arrgg-matey: . Now a few mates are saying its illegal, you are not allowed to put bars on unless they are people friendly or pollyplastic.

Does anyone know if this is true? If its not fitted as standard you cant have them?

Thanks in advance

Andy

Hi Ulysse

Bull Bars are illegal to put on if they are not people friendly and if they were not put on when new.

My Landcruiser has some from when it was new and when I took it for it's MOT last year I was told they are illegal if they were not put on from new and that I will have to take them off.

But because I have a dealers invoice to say they were put on in 1997 I was ok to leave them on.

Now I think you cannot get crome ones just polyplastic which are people friendly.

Ash

p.s. Correct me if I am wrong.

Landcruiser008.sized.jpg

You can get them butthey have to be people friendly (Black).

The only thing did to my LC was the private plate. Everything on it came with the car from the dealers when new.

Hope you can get bull bars they really stand out and make your LC look different.

Try scrapyards as from the dealers you are looking at about £500 +.

Ash

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links