Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The New Yaris

Fidgits

car_portal_pic_18491.jpg

It's bigger and cleverer - and it's now official! The sensational new Toyota Yaris has finally broken cover, and is larger and more practical than the model it replaces in September.

Thanks to a longer wheelbase and wider track, the newcomer is now a genuine five-seater. What's more, its interior is more versatile; not only do the rear chairs slide, as before, but the seatbacks now fold, too, creating a flat load space. Carrying capacity is further boosted by a larger, more practical boot.

As with the redesigned exterior, the next-generation Yaris's cabin is more stylish than that of the outgoing model, and features a revised instrument panel with centrally mounted speedometer, plus new-look rev counter and gauges.

A "keyless-go" system is also included, which allows the driver to start up the car merely by pressing a dash-mounted button,

so long as they have the blipper close by. Despite the dramatic visual changes, the engine line-up will remain largely unaltered. This means there will be two petrol variants - a 1.0-litre and 1.3-litre - plus a 1.4-litre D-4D diesel.

Both manual and automatic gearboxes will be available, although it's not clear whether Toyota's controversial clutchless manual transmission will be retained for use in the forthcoming machine.

In Japan, a 1.5-litre RS-badged car offering 109bhp has been confirmed, as has a four-wheel-drive variant. These models are expected to offer a fuel-saving stop-start system, which automatically cuts the engine when the vehicle is stationary.

The suspension has been reworked to give more cornering stability, grip and ride comfort. And the car also features re-vised brakes, with both EBD and ABS

now standard-fit.

car_portal_pic_18492.jpg

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Demonic Angel

• Laura G

• T V O R

• dicey2k

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don’t want a 5 seater, or a massive boot or 5 doors or a more practical motor; if I did I wouldn’t have bought a Yaris.

The current Yaris has everything I want and more.

I suppose if my personal circumstances change then I may be looking at a different model, but as things stand the Yaris ticks all my boxes.

Going on that photo I’d rather have a Corolla T-Sport and be done with it :thumbsup:

grrr why 5 seater??? why 5 doors??? WHY????

Got something against 5 doors have we Matt??? :arrgg-matey:

Has anyone had any word on how easy/hard its going to be to customise the audio yet?

I'm liking the exterior though thats for sure, and some pics of the new interior are nice too, looking good so far!!

There you go....

and before anyone complains about the poor quality, well what did you expect in 3 minutes... a Monet??? :lol::thumbsup:

Is this one any better? ;)

post-2415-1108050691_thumb.jpg

These models are expected to offer a fuel-saving stop-start system, which automatically cuts the engine when the vehicle is stationary

Ugh!

How annoying will this be... No more wrathing Nova's at the traffic lights!

There you go....

and before anyone complains about the poor quality, well what did you expect in 3 minutes... a Monet??? :lol::thumbsup:

Cool..

Any chance of lowering it?.. Maybe some alloys.. Maybe a.. :D

These models are expected to offer a fuel-saving stop-start system, which automatically cuts the engine when the vehicle is stationary

this is feature which the yaris currently has in Japan. They dont have novas over there so there is no need to race them off :P

as for the 3 door good job :thumbsup: . i like it :D wouldnt mind one myself now :D

There you go....

Cool..

anything for you Chappers...

post-2415-1108051372_thumb.jpg

Has anyone had any word on how easy/hard its going to be to customise the audio yet?

it wont be easy top put your own head unit in because there isnt a coin tray like there is in the current model. so not a clue

There you go....

Cool..

anything for you Chappers...

Coolio, looks like a little chunky 'Rolla :thumbsup:

It looks wrong! First off the door will be bigger and the rear would be different  :ph34r:

Good effort though  :D

Is that in response to the first? because have a look at the second and third...

Coolio, looks like a little chunky 'Rolla  :thumbsup:

cheers :D

but there is very little upload space left - so no more im afraid...

I much prefer the current yaris as said before if a big boot was needed and 5 proper seats then there is plenty of other options within the toyota range!whereas this is the only small cheap to insure hatch they have!dissapointed :(

CB

Im sorry but that really sucks IMO :censor: :!Removed!: :censor: :!Removed!: :censor:

Im sure many people will like it but its not something I like personaly.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links