Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Hi There

julie454

At some point in the future, probably around this time next year I am thinking about changing my current car. I am considering getting a Yaris. I need automatic transmission or tiptronic type with an automatic mode. Does anyone have any experience of these things in a Yaris? How good are they & are they generally reliable?

welcome to the clan!

Yaris is a fantastic little motor! I strongly suggest you go for a test drive or make a local meeting and have a chat with yaris owners, im sure theyll pass good words on!

Hiya,

Just wanted to say welcome to TOC. I drive Manual so cant really comment on Auto or Tiptronic but I've not heard of any problems with them as far as I can remember.

Blue

Welcome to the club :thumbsup:

Not heard about tiptronic or the auto... but there are indeed some peeps on here with them.. so hang about and you'll get something ;)

Hello, welcome to the club.

I drive the 1.0 T3 MMT (Multi Mode Transmission) and if you get one I think you will not regret it.

Totally effortless driving, always in the right gear and the ability to manually sequentially shift the gears if you want to.

In fact it has all the advantages of an automatic without the drawbacks of the "traditional" automatic gearboxes.

The gearbox itself is a manual box but the selection system is totally automatic with sequential shifting through all 5 forward gears and never a missed gearchange ever again.

Try to get a test drive at Mr T although they do not have many MMT demonstrators.

You will not regret it, I have not. (And before anyone says so I DO hold a full manual license and have done for a good number of years, I chose to get the MMT transmission) :thumbsup:

Hello, welcome to the club.

I drive the 1.0 T3 MMT (Multi Mode Transmission) and if you get one I think you will not regret it.

Totally effortless driving, always in the right gear and the ability to manually sequentially shift the gears if you want to.

In fact it has all the advantages of an automatic without the drawbacks of the "traditional" automatic gearboxes.

The gearbox itself is a manual box but the selection system is totally automatic with sequential shifting through all 5 forward gears and never a missed gearchange ever again.

Try to get a test drive at Mr T although they do not have many MMT demonstrators.

You will not regret it, I have not. (And before anyone says so I DO hold a full manual license and have done for a good number of years, I chose to get the MMT transmission) :thumbsup:

Are there any other MMT drivers out there??

Hi there and welcome to the club!

I'm sure Red will sort you out with any queries you have over the MMT box.

Look forward to seeing you around.

Alan

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links