Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Car Insurance

cfc1

Having told my insurance company of the modifications i have done to my car, i was informed that all was ok.

Now my renewal came through asking for me to call them, so i did, only to be told they (Norwich Union Direct) will only insure me on a 3rd party only basis, no theft or fire cover, and certainly not fully comp. :censor: :censor: :censor:

So before i start getting quotes,and getting s*** loads of junk e-mails and phone calls offering me home insurance etc, can anyone here recommend a good insurance company who will insure a modified motor.

The engine of the car hasn't been modified at all, it's just the bodywork and wheels really

Norwich Union won't entertain it at all, :angry: and it's p***** me off :angry: , it's still a 1.0 for god's sake, hardly going to break the land speed record. :lol:

Thanks in advance..

Davy.

So they insured you, but now your times up they are telling you to pack up and go else where.

Try Adrian Flux, CIS, Peformance Direct, they are mod friendly people.

Adrian Flux - get yourself a coffee and call them ... takes a while but its worth while - I got my down to a third of the previous year with them!

I agree - give Adrian Flux a try

the company I work for insures really heavily modded cars..and Adrian Flux are a broker for us so give them a try. Also Swinton might be worth a call..did a policyholder report today from a guy with a really modded Fiat and he had gone through them..both Swinton and AF are brokers for the company I work for

ok people thanks for your input.. i phoned around a few places and finaly got it to a reasonable price (car valued at £8000) the downside is a £500 excess.

I used Premium choice and got insured through a company called Highway.

So i am insured once more :D

But don't you just hate the hassle????

Thanks again people.

Davy

ok people thanks for your input.. i phoned around a few places and finaly got it to a reasonable price (car valued at £8000) the downside is a £500 excess.

So i am insured once more  :D

Thanks again people.

Davy

I have sent you a PM about this :D

I'm insured with them too - through Adrian Flux. I just got my proper cover note today...

I hope they're decent - I hadn't heard of them before :unsure:

Alan

So i am insured once more  :D

Thanks again people.

Davy

I have sent you a PM about this :D

Thank you :thumbsup: :group-cuddles:

Time for my insurance too. :(

I'm with Toyota Insurance. They aren't too bad. So far I've got 3 years NCB and with 16" alloys, Blitz exhaust on my TS, my quote for the year is £500 fully comp.

just got my insurance today with adrian flux for when i get the car back, male 22 1yncb, 12,000 miles a year, ALL the mods delcared which took a while lol

came out at 1K all in fully comp with like for like replacement on the mods :D

Highway was the underwriter for mine too - seem to be fine.

Nizan - welcome back mate! Yours was the car that got me motivated to start modding last year.

1k for your age and all those mods is pretty good I think.

Time for my insurance too. :(

I'm with Toyota Insurance.  They aren't too bad.  So far I've got 3 years NCB and with 16" alloys, Blitz exhaust on my TS, my quote for the year is £500 fully comp.

019.gif to Toyota Insurance. Actually, they're fine until you have to deal with their Total Loss department who are (and here's the ironic part) a total loss <_< . They were also highly uncompetetive for me when the time came to renew...

If they work for you then good luck!

A

PS Nizan, that seems a pretty good deal!

I have got to say that i am glad i am a little older than a few people here.. 1k for insurance??? .. aye.. so and i would!!!... they would have to get it in 50p coins.. cos the only way they would get a grand out of me is if they used a spanner.

I would rather walk!!.. yes i'm scottish.. short arms and deep pockets.. first in the pub last to the bar etc lol.

OK.. so now your wondering what i am paying... well with all the mods declared ( no point in hiding any.. they just tell you your insurance is void) i am paying £393.00 fully comp.. maximum no claims (17 years in total) and i am **whispers** 36 shhhhhhhhh.

EDIT: my wife is also insured fully comp on the car.. and she only passed her test in December and has 0 NCB.

I have my yaris insured with adrain flux......

.... they have been top noch... they understand all mods and dont cut your throat for the end results.

... they also insure my other car, they have taken my NCB into concideration and given me a very good start on the second policy.

:thumbsup:

Adrian Flux are a broker/intermediary so they search through a lot of insurers at the same time to get the cheapest quotes..obviously for modded cars the amount of insurers that will insure them reduces, I speak to Adrian Flux every now and then in my job and they are always really friendly

well cfc1 unfortunatly these days if you were under 21 and wanted to drive with you own policy you would have to pay 1k or more whatever you drive!! bulk like you said you would walk so not a issue :P

Im hearing of 17 year olds being charged 2.5k on 1.2's and such :ffs:

And cheers Clarky gald to see my modded yaris inspired someone :thumbsup:

but things have moved fast round here the last few months i got some serious catching up to do over the next year or two lol :lol::lol:

I'm 32 and have had a few points in my time - but am back down to 3.

I only have one years no claims - due to company cars in the past years and my total for the year (including breakdown cover) is 600 which I'm really pleased with.

There again my missus, same age, same no-claims, is payin nearly 400 for an unmodded rover 214sei!

Theres no justice in the wolrd!

And Nizan mate I wouldn't worry, every time I put on another expensive mod I think 'thats it finised' then two days later I'm off again!

And Nizan mate I wouldn't worry, every time I put on another expensive mod I think 'thats it finised' then two days later I'm off again!

I know where your coming from mate, I thought mine was finished, but looking at my new shopping list its rather scary :help:

With 1yr NCB and 1yr Experience at 18, I've got Fully Comp on a Yaris TS for £900.

But Im going to do a 9 month accelerator for only £760! With Norwich Union.

I paid £1200 on a 1L! That wasn't even with me as named driver and TPFT.

well cfc1 unfortunatly these days if you were under 21 and wanted to drive with you own policy you would have to pay 1k or more whatever you drive!! bulk like you said you would walk so not a issue  :P

Im hearing of 17 year olds being charged 2.5k on 1.2's and such  :ffs:

:blink: I got my 1st policy when I was 18 on a 1.1 Fiesta, and it was £735 on TPFT..I've got 1 years NCB now and am only paying £706 on my 1.0L T3! Fully Comprehensive! It's just me on the policy aswell..no-one else and I was 19 when I got the policy..so definately under 1k for me!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links