Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trouble Wiping My Rear

MrWinkey

The rear wiper is completely duff and needs to be replaced, but it seems to be some kind of sealed unit and cannot be replaced.

My question is simple:

How the hell do you replace it?

this will seem stupid but i have tried to remove the rubber.

I can release the left side as you stand behind it, as this just slips out of the housing, but the right side (nearest its insertion to the body) is stuck solid and appears to be gripped, with some teeth through a small whole.

Should i just give this a tug or is there a special way of removing it?

your post headings are funny lol!!! haha!! i see what your doing :P

my wiper blade fell off :o at uni today as i was walkin back to my car i noticed something on the front of my number plate, someone had obviously been kind and placed it there as id see it when walking to the car :) kind buggers :)

When I had trouble wiping my rear (because I broke the wiper arm!) I went to Yota and they gave me a brand new one and fitted it for me.

But my car was under warranty at the time, but maybe if you ask nicely they'll just replace it for you

I even told them it was my fault it broke (i stupidly turned it on when it was caked in ice - BIG mistake!)

The arm basically attaches itself via a big hinge to the stumpy bit underneath - if you try and detach it you might break the hinge (which is what happened to mine!)

Just act all dumb blonde like me and they will fall over themselves to help "errr whats a winscreen wiper....." lol :D :D

Well i can now wipe my rear.

I have braved the cold and piles and gone outside to sort it. I have just used a new rubber and not replaced the whole arm as you do witht he front ones.

So my rear is clean and pile free.

Thanks for the replies, although Loo roll would have been a bit difficult at some speeds and would break appart with a high level of moisture, unless i used bounty i suppose.

Of course it is.

Its me just before heading out to the last ever Rocky Horror Show last year.

Well, thats my story and im sticking too it!

(check out my profile for the full outfit)

If you got to Mr T they will replace the blades on all three wipers for around a tenner. They dont need to replace the arms...

I had this done up north a couple of months ago

Yaeh Lorne, that's what they used to do, but last time Struans tried to tell me you had to change the whole blade assembly before suggesting a quick trip to Halfrauds <_<

On the downside, they lost brownie points for that, but on the upside the car got written off a week later so it would have been a waste of money anyhow :rolleyes:

A

The sods! That was in September :ffs: It was only some junior bloke and it was at about 4.45 on a Saturday... He probably just couldn't be bothered :rolleyes:

Hmmm....

A

PS That apart, they're pretty good - although their Parts Department does have its moments. My family has 9 Toyotas & 2 Peugeot van (Mr T doesn't sell an equivalent) and its because of the quality of service and the sales department's attitude. So there!

I suspect it would have been around the same time of day - just getting dark and it was some weedy little bloke with bumfluff.

There again I did go in and have a rant about the fact that my local dealer (down south) had ruined my rear brake pads and I wanted to complain! ... Might have had something to do with the service!

I do what you said.... changed the rubber... need to do it again actually!

Also... tad off topic... iv just noticed your only in Bradford... we're neighbours! Im residing in Leeds! Looks like you're at the Alhambra in your avatar... i went to see RH at The Grand in Leeds (the one with Jonny Wilkes) It was really good! My outfit wasn't quite that good tho!! I went as Eddie! Biker style! hehehe!!

Make sure you come to the next northern meet... we can compare SR's then! (ooooh, i am sad person!!) :D :lol:

Seveer,

glad to know i have a knowledgable neighbour. Yeh it was at the Alhambra. It has to be one of the best nights out you can have with your clothes on (nearly on).

It was Johny Wilks in the show we saw last as well. He did a good job, although you really dont care who is playing the lead when your there, you just get caught up in the action.

As far as the next Northern Meet goes, it is Gems (my girlfriends) Yaris, so you would have to inite her, and i dont think it would be her scene. Thats why its me on this forum and not her.

Yeh,

i got the same reaction when people saw me (lads, the girls loved it and flocked to me, to the dismay of the GF). A 17st, 6'2", hairy skinhead dressed in womens clothing is pretty scary.

Not as scary as a 6ft 3" 19st unshaven bloke in a Biker outfit. Arnie... eat your heart out. People moved out of my way as i marched down the street. Friggin' Brilliant.

Seveer,

i am lost, who was the biker in it?

I can imagine that look, i used to work the door at a Biker bar in Halifax, and that was a pretty common sight.

I am sure you would have looked a lot better in some stockings and a bask.

Its a shame it has ended now, we would have looked pretty funny dressed like that getting out of a Yaris in the middle of town.

Eddie! He was played by meatloaf in the film... plays the sax.... he was actually dead! Dunno if he was in biker costume for the show though... while since i saw it!

The biker outfit doesnt ring any bells at all mate.

Not long since i saw it, but my memory is *******!

I think we have gone a little off topic on this one.

But then it was my post anyway and i've sorted it now, so i suppose i dont care.

Looks like me and thee will get on swell.... i often go off topic! Can't be helped... i have no attention span what-so-ever! Pretty sure iv got ADD, but can't be ubikd seeing the doc!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links