Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Major Cold Spell On The Way

BLOODUK

I’ll have to get my string vest out...  :D

*Imagine a picture of a geeky looking balding skinny geezer wearing a string vest to emphasise my comical reply............

Nope, I can’t help myself......... I have to post another silly picture to the annoyance to other users so they can visualize my imagination..............

moment_002.jpg

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Where did the string vest come from?? lol :o

It will soon be over jaxx, the nights are drawing out and the clocks change in a few weeks.

Sunny days will soon be here, the sort of days I wish I had a MR2 :thumbsup:

I'll be annoyed if it doesnt  :angry:  <_<

Me too.. I'm getting abuse for the uber-macho snow tyres I've fitted this year when there's been no blooming snow!

Go the snowfall! Oh yeah, I'm off to my folks this weekend so hopefully the A9 will be blocked at Drumochter and I won't be able to get back to Inverness. Fat chance! :lol:

A

Sunny days will soon be here, the sort of days I wish I had a MR2  :thumbsup:

And wished i didn't remove the aircon but i can smell BBQ season coming so all's good :D

Atleast my car is broken now and not during summer

so i can look forward to the TBAR off in summer and a better

working car

:rolleyes:

Looks the forecastes are downgrading the snow now

with any major snowfall being reserved for east anglia

and south east england...

oh well :ffs: :!Removed!:

the sun is blazing today! crack on!

air temp is cool mind, but its darn blinding!

time to get that buffer out B)

Looks the forecastes are downgrading the snow now

with any major snowfall being reserved for east anglia

and south east england...

oh well  :ffs:  :!Removed!:

I wonder if it'll actually appear tho? ;) I doubt it, altho it is pretty chilly here again today!

Here is an ADVANCED WARNING of Heavy Snow affecting Scotland, Northern Ireland, England and Wales.

Issued by the Met Office at 09:34 on Friday, 18 February 2005.

This warning is an update to that issued at 09:43 on Thursday 17 February 2005.

The Met Office is forecasting northerly winds over the UK through the weekend to bring snow showers, mainly to eastern areas. These becoming more extensive and persistent for Monday as winds turn easterly and snow penetrates across many central and eastern parts of England.

On Saturday showers are expected to be confined to northern Scotland and the eastern coastal strip of England, turning increasingly to sleet and snow through the day, although an area of rain moving south across Northern Ireland, Wales and southwest England could also give some snow on its leading edge, especially over high ground.

On Sunday showers will come further inland over eastern areas, falling as sleet or snow, which will is expected to penetrate westwards into many central, and some western areas overnight Sunday into Monday, and it is on Monday that the highest risk of disruption to transport is expected as snow and ice on untreated roads bring dangerous driving conditions.

disruption_risk.gif

great, i pic the car up from the bodyshop on monday!

not a chance if it is snowing.

doubt it will snow here though, all we get is rain!

Yes im a weather nut  :P

Starts saturday

brwind060.jpg

ends up with this

brwind144.jpg

bbc -

Thursday 17 February WEATHER WATCH Snow and ice look set to hit the UK early next week. There is a risk of disruption. Further updates will appear here.

metcheck-

Areas Affected : Scotland, North-east England, East Midlands, East Anglia, South-east England.

There is moderate confidence in winds veering around to the North-east during Sunday night into Monday bringing sub 518dm air across Eastern regions in association with an active trough with possible widespread snowfall in the regions mentioned above.

Snow forecast

http://www.metcheckdata.com/data/forecast/...latest_snow.png

If you can read charts :P

http://217.160.75.104/pics/Rgem1201.gif

http://217.160.75.104/pics/Rgem1561.gif

http://217.160.75.104/pics/Rgem1801.gif

http://129.13.102.67/wz/pics/ngp10.prp.120.europeg.gif

http://129.13.102.67/wz/pics/ngp10.prp.144.europeg.gif

20% chance of this happening, but very low risk

rtavn28822jx.gif

Here is an ADVANCED WARNING of Heavy Snow affecting Scotland, Northern Ireland, England and Wales.

Issued by the Met Office at 09:34 on Friday, 18 February 2005.

This warning is an update to that issued at 09:43 on Thursday 17 February 2005.

The Met Office is forecasting northerly winds over the UK through the weekend to bring snow showers, mainly to eastern areas. These becoming more extensive and persistent for Monday as winds turn easterly and snow penetrates across many central and eastern parts of England.

On Saturday showers are expected to be confined to northern Scotland and the eastern coastal strip of England, turning increasingly to sleet and snow through the day, although an area of rain moving south across Northern Ireland, Wales and southwest England could also give some snow on its leading edge, especially over high ground.

On Sunday showers will come further inland over eastern areas, falling as sleet or snow, which will is expected to penetrate westwards into many central, and some western areas overnight Sunday into Monday, and it is on Monday that the highest risk of disruption to transport is expected as snow and ice on untreated roads bring dangerous driving conditions.

disruption_risk.gif

.... and people have the cheek to criticise my “SMALL” pictures!!

:angry:

Meto...

"18 February 2005

Commuters are facing the prospect of snow and ice for Monday's trip to work, Met Office forecasters warned today. The weekend will bring some snow to northern and eastern parts but more widespread snow and freezing temperatures look set to mark the start of the new working week. Eastern and southern areas of England will be hardest hit as winds from Siberia set in across the country.

Forecasters will be working closely with other agencies to minimise the impact of this severe weather across all transport networks. In particular, this winter has seen the launch of a new joint initiative with the Highways Agency (HA) with a team of dedicated forecasters located at the National Traffic Control Centre (NTCC) in Birmingham.

***** Porter, the senior forecaster at the NTCC said: "the winter so far has been pretty quiet, but this situation brings the first big test of the new scheme. I will be working with my colleagues at the HA to provide the best possible weather advice for the highways teams to act upon".

:o

Latest forecast had possible travel distruption across the south

heavy snow and strong easterlies

looks like my forecast maybe coming off this time :wacko:

I think you should have your own forum within the toc  :thumbsup:

Then we can check the weather daily for our area

Only when the weather might be bad

or good depending how you look on it

:yes:

we got snow last night, clear skies now tho but really cold. can't phone in and say i'm snowd in, they know i'd just be out in the GT4 :(

Yeah we had snow for a wee while here too, but its just freezing now!! Was goin to wash the car but sod that!! :o

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links